new Toshiba satilite laptop is running so slow CB50-B13N

Solution
The slowest thing in a laptop, regardless of what's in the rest of the system, is the hard drive. Chances are that yours is a 5400 RPM drive, which is bottom tier in terms of performance. The larger the capacity, the "faster" the drive as well (it's more technical than that, but in layman's terms...).

If I'm looking at the right model, then your laptop is running on an Intel Celeron as well, which is not a fast CPU.

The most you can do for it is have a SSD installed and/or remove unnecessary applications that came with the laptop, although the latter will only help a little bit.
The slowest thing in a laptop, regardless of what's in the rest of the system, is the hard drive. Chances are that yours is a 5400 RPM drive, which is bottom tier in terms of performance. The larger the capacity, the "faster" the drive as well (it's more technical than that, but in layman's terms...).

If I'm looking at the right model, then your laptop is running on an Intel Celeron as well, which is not a fast CPU.

The most you can do for it is have a SSD installed and/or remove unnecessary applications that came with the laptop, although the latter will only help a little bit.

Solution

MaliPaige

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015
I recently bought the same laptop and have the same problem, it's soooo slow and everything i try to use doesn't respond -.- so disappointed because I bought it to replace my dodgy slow school laptop and besides the fact that the school one blue screened every day this one is actually worse

If you can afford an SSD, replacing the existing hard drive with one of those will yield a pretty big improvement. The cost to do so may not be worth it to you though, depending on what the laptop cost you.