New (Used) Laptop running W8 A/V trial finished do I / can I remove it?

Steamy Wee

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
This is my first "new-ish" laptop and I'm not used to the modern A/V's.
My old Vista machine has been using AVG Free for 8 years, so I've installed the current AVG Free 2015 iteration on the laptop.
I'm now struggling with a few questions:
First, do I need to remove the "free trial" of Kaspersky, Which informs me it's gone home taking it's bat and ball with it!

Second,Can I remove it?

Third, I have a registered account with AVG which used to get me access to the Free Support forums, and they were very helpful.
Now when I google "AVG Free Support Forum", I am taken to a US site, and asked to log in....that done, I'm back at a UK Site which just has a load of "FAQ's" that don't relate to my queries! Grrr

Are the forums I used previously still in existence?
I think they were based in Czechoslovakia, and were occasionally monitored by AVG Personnel.
One of the top helpers was a guy called "BigAl 65" ...I think the number was 65, but might be wrong!

Anyhoo, How do I get back into that forum? ...anybody know?

unknmmp

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
If you want to install AVG 2015 you should remove any other AV solutions as they may conflict.
If you can't remove the normal way you can use something like Revo Uninstaller or similar.

And i think this may be the forum you're looking for
https://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-forums#

Steamy Wee

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
Thanks unknmmp you are right that was the forum I was using!
Since I already have AVG Free 2015 installed and running, is it enough to just remove Kaspersky, leaving AVG installed?

CWEric

Estimable
Jun 13, 2015
As long you had AVG disabled while using Kaspersky trial you didn't break any rules. As long you're not switching to the paid version of Kaspersky then it is best to remove the program to not be wasting your computer storage space for nothing.