New Xbox 360 Literally Can't Red Ring of Death

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
With a single red-dot of death... besides Terminate mode, how about CYCLON mode?

We need to have a cute-death name for the 360, it'll need it sooner or later.

Still an ugly little box that eats discs...

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]But that doesn't matter if there ARE NO GAMES for PC to play, eh? Maybe a few games.Lets see... Gears of War 2 and 3... no PC version. HALO 3? Its been 5 years... NO HALO 3? Lets see, MS-games... MS-Xbox, nope - not even MS is supporting PC gaming, why bother with DX11?[/citation]
Did you notice all those games were made by MS? Serioussly bug off this a PC fourm not a XBOX vs Wii vs PS3 fourm.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Userremoved[/nom]Did you notice all those games were made by MS? Serioussly bug off this a PC fourm not a XBOX vs Wii vs PS3 fourm.[/citation]
Oh and I can live without Halo 3 but maybe you forgot we have Crysis and more crap.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
UH... and your point about MS? My Point is that MS-themselves are killing off PC-gaming, not just other companies, DUH! And what of my posts had anything to do with Wii or PS3? And *IF* this was a PC fourm, then what is the 360 Midget doing here at all?

By the way, the funny video at E3 of the 360 Midget eating Alan Wake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwINtoQpyNc

So is the 360 Midget a boy or girl console? Alan Wake should know... :)

G

No red ring of death... just like Win3.1 didn't have UAE's.... (why are my comments not showing!)

Mundus33

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]But that doesn't matter if there ARE NO GAMES for PC to play, eh? Maybe a few games.Lets see... Gears of War 2 and 3... no PC version. HALO 3? Its been 5 years... NO HALO 3? Lets see, MS-games... MS-Xbox, nope - not even MS is supporting PC gaming, why bother with DX11?[/citation]

dragon age 2 - feb 1 2011
mafia 2 - aug 24
max payne 3 - sept 26
medal of honor - oct 12
starcraft 2 - july 27
lost planet 2 - released
just cause 2 - released
Brink - sept 7
blur - released
crysis 2 - christmas
Singularity - june 27
Fallout new vegas - oct 19

this is a list of games that I want for the pc. The ones marked release are games that I want that I haven't gotten yet because I haven't gotten bored with the old ones (been playing fallout 3 with mod quests and it sucked me right back in again added about 30 hours to my 200-300 hours already played). I also have been playing some old ps2 titles now that they are so cheap I have been playing Persona 3 since I liked P4 so much.

On a side note I do have an xbox 360 but I have almost no games for it since almost all the games once I have gotten around to getting it are out on the pc for a reasonable price. I didn't really like Halo 3. Gears 2 was pretty good but lacked something the original had. Regardless while many of these games are ports the pc is still getting games and as long as the publishers have a say in it they will continue porting to the pc since even with piracy it is easy enough to port that they will still make a profit.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think its a little too late for some of these things in the XBox360. Now that the PS3 game portfolio has filled up, there is little need for an XBox360 over a PC.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Chipi[/nom]Wait a minute... "Kinect port"? Does this mean that Kinect/Natal only works on the new console?[/citation]

Kinect port provide both Data and power output...

For old Xbox without the Kinect port, the Kinect will have to drain the power from an AD adaptor.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]welshmousepk[/nom]"the xbox actually supports external HDDs and memory sticks now, so no, transferring saves wont be an issue.[/citation]

true... but w/ 32GB limit (if I am not wrong)....

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]gverrault[/nom]The die shrink to 45nm as well as combining the CPU and GPU on the same die I would think should resolve most of the heat issues. On top of that the new unit only draws 135 watts as opposed to 200 watts of the original which should mean the CPU/GPU is drawing a lot less power and generating a lot less heat.[/citation]

I think so... and I hope so... or this time both CPU and GPU will get burned/cooked/failed/RDoD together..

KingArcher

Distinguished
May 19, 2010
Microsoft Engineer1 : The Red Ring of Death[RRoD] seems to scare people away, how can we solve this in our next console?

Microsoft Engineer2 : Simple, take out the dual color LED and put in a Green one.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]pharge[/nom]true... but w/ 32GB limit (if I am not wrong)....[/citation]

yeah, this was mentioned later. but i really cant imagine save games taking up more than a couple of Gbs.

G

From a few websites I was reading, the "RRoD" possibility is still there. The supposed pieces of the xbox that are associated with the problem remain unchanged. Though, it's unknown if it's true or not.

gh0st

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
[citation][nom]rollerdisco[/nom]Enjoy playing games with 1/5 the players[/citation]
When did Sony sell 5x more PS3's than 360's to come up with your 1/5?
I know you have a household that has 6 people sharing same console so you think that everyone else does that too? :)

aethm

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]gh0st[/nom]When did Sony sell 5x more PS3's than 360's to come up with your 1/5?I know you have a household that has 6 people sharing same console so you think that everyone else does that too?[/citation]

I don't know that it's 1/5 but the number of consoles sold is irrelevant to the statement. It's the number of people playing online. I own both systems, and although sony has made progress, xbox live still works a lot better. When I have to choose a system for multiplayer games I pick Xbox hands down.

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
[citation][nom]netetrader12[/nom]Hot summer day is about to,Open the wardrobe is not yet found love after another the right clothes? So, also waiting for? Immediate action bar! Welcome to { http://www.netetrader.com } sure you will find what you need.Moreover, the company has a good reputation, product quality standards, at reasonable prices. Over the years, has been well received by overseas friends for their support. Therefore, please rest assured purchase.++++ www.netetrader.com ++++++++++Best online storeBest quality, Best reputation , Best services---**** NHL Jersey Woman $ 40 ---**** NFL Jersey $ 35---**** NBA Jersey $ 34 ---**** MLB Jersey $ 35---**** Jordan Six Ring_m $36 ---**** Air Yeezy_m $ 45---**** T-Shirt_m $ 25 ---**** Jacket_m $ 36---**** Hoody_m $ 50 ---**** Manicure Set $ 20---**** handbag $37 ---**** ugg boot $43 ---****---**** sunglass $16 ---**** bult $17 ---****++++ www.netetrader.com ++++++++++[/citation]
GET THE HELL OFF THIS WEBSITE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS