New zenbook ux330ua very slow wifi

Solution
open the wifi settings and to the network you are connected , select it, advanced settings > set the network as metered connection.

this might sometimes be the issue, windows(in background) downloads updates sometimes, which makes the connection slow.

It would depend on a few things, which may not be related to the laptop itself at all.

The WiFi you are connecting to. How far away you are from them modem/router. How many other devices are using that WiFi. What time of day you are having the issue. The ISP. Etc.

You should consider all those factors before considering returning the device.

Sarrie

Prominent
May 17, 2017
It's definitely not the wifi reception. My old hp laptop has no wifi issues, my phone too. I've tested them at the exact same point of the house. I'm wondering if this problem is a common issue with the zenbook ux330ua or i just got a faulty laptop. Thanks for your answers

anky_rog

Prominent
May 17, 2017
open the wifi settings and to the network you are connected , select it, advanced settings > set the network as metered connection.

this might sometimes be the issue, windows(in background) downloads updates sometimes, which makes the connection slow.

Solution