newb looking for good headphones

Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
hi im new here and would appreciate some help of you guys
im looking for some headphones mostly for music (rock, hiphop...) and casual gaming
ive got some recommendations from my friends but they arent audioholics and have they knowledge from reviews etc.
so heres a list of models i picked:
Sennheiser HD598 (but im not sure if they have the punch in bass)
Sennheiser RS185 (not sure about the mid-range and wireless quality)
Beyerdynamic DT770/DT990 (not quite sure in the versions)
AKG K7XX

what do you guys think about these? or would you recommend something else?
also thinking to add Audioengine D1/schiit modi/magni stackto them or something similar

Solution
what kind of sound signature did you want?
bass light and more treble/mids focused (ideal for gaming advantage)
neutral and fairly flat (can be dull but also is the most tonally accurate)
v-shaped (accented treble and bass for a more fun sound)
bassy (mids and bass focused)

given you still want to game yet like some bassy music i would say neutral or v-shaped would suit you.

hd598 is a great neutral can. bass is about average but not super strong like you will find in some other cans. fairly neutral sounding and a bit slow but good for long listening sessions.

dt770 (closed) and dt990 (open) are v-shaped. dt880 is a bit more neutral shaped than the dt990 with a bit less treble and bass energy and is good for people who like the...
what kind of sound signature did you want?
bass light and more treble/mids focused (ideal for gaming advantage)
neutral and fairly flat (can be dull but also is the most tonally accurate)
v-shaped (accented treble and bass for a more fun sound)
bassy (mids and bass focused)

given you still want to game yet like some bassy music i would say neutral or v-shaped would suit you.

hd598 is a great neutral can. bass is about average but not super strong like you will find in some other cans. fairly neutral sounding and a bit slow but good for long listening sessions.

dt770 (closed) and dt990 (open) are v-shaped. dt880 is a bit more neutral shaped than the dt990 with a bit less treble and bass energy and is good for people who like the signature but want something a bit more toned down. dt770 is more bassy than the dt990 but has a smaller soundstage due to being closed (however is still large for closed cans). dt770 comes in 3 flavors 32ohm/80ohm/250ohm. 32 is normally a waste unless you need portable use. 80 is the most bassy. 250 is the most refined. the premium models sound a bit more airy, have different clamp and covers and are way overpriced. the dt990 has a nice soundstage and is very bright while still having deep bass. its one of the few open cans in its price range to have such good bass. its the opposite of the hd598 in that its not slow but detailed although some may find that harsh and fatiguing but it depends on your preferences. the pro 250 is the best deal. the 770 or 990 are some of the nicest v-shaped sounding headphones in the price range.

akg k7xx is newer so i dont know alot about it but i believe it is supposed to be a bit easier to drive and a bit more bassy than some of akgs other offerings. akg generally has cans with very bright treble and they are normally very picky about source and content. a bad amp or poor quality content generally makes them sound horrible although they can certainly sound really good with a quality amp and good material.

audioengine d1 is a decent combo unit but the schiit magni/modi stack will have more output power. the o2+odac is also worth looking at. if you want virtual surround sound you wont get it with an external dac unless you use razers virtual surround sound (though i did hear if you have a soundcard or virtual built into the motherboard even if not connected direct someone got it to work. i cant verify this but a user posted that to me in a response here). otherwise, you could use a soundcard like the xonar dx (for virtual) and just use an amplifier like the magni.

Solution

Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
im totaly in love with those DT770/990 after reading some reviews, im more inclined to those 990/250ohms
to those AMPs, in the near future i want to add some speakers like audioengine a2/a5 or Mistral Bow-A4(these are a rip from the B&W cm6 s2)with some subwoofer so do i need to connect them to the amp or do i need something else?
and are there some budget friendly? cause the o2+odac is a bit pricier and i looked on those schiit and i cant get them any more in my country

headphone amp and speaker amp are different. headphone amps are meant for headphone use, while speaker amps are more powerful meant for speakers.

if you buy passive speakers you need a speaker amp or receiver. if you buy active/powered speakers you do not as they include on inside the cabinet already.

Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
ok now all i need is to find some normal amp for my headset

http://www.schiit-europe.com/index.php/frequently-asked-questions.html
as far as i know schiit products are still available in the eu, at least directly. as far as i know slovakia is part of the eu so there is not extra tax besides what is shown.

i'm not too familiar with slovakia so really cant say anything about local stores or slovakian ran web stores.

there may be other options besides what i listed that are more available to you but i'm not aware of each and every option. you may find some suggestions on head fi if you search for headphone amplifiers for europe.

Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
maybe if you have the time you could look up on this one
https://www.alza.sk/EN/sluchadlove-zosilnovace/18854407.htm
theres also this site but it doesnt have a eng option
http://zvukove-karty.heureka.sk/?m=2

Ostogiske

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
the DT990 have just arrived and oh my goood they are awesome to wear and to listen
gona read the whole stuff and buy something asap
thx for everything <3