Newly Appointed Yahoo! CEO Confirms She's Pregnant

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]dietcreamsoda[/nom]Yes, but HOW did she get pregnant? One day she's not pregnant, and then the next day she is. What exactly happened between those two days?[/citation]

When a mummy and a daddy do a special hug...

G

The real news here is that she's a decent looking, rich woman in her mid 30s and is just now having her first kid.

It's hard to believe no one was knocked her up until now. I would get her SO pregnant.

mesab66

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
"She said that she got "the call" from Yahoo! on Monday, June 18 and first disclosed her pregnancy to the Yahoo! board in late June"

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]jibbs[/nom]and this is tech news why????[/citation]
She used to be at Google, now she is at Yahoo, that's tech related
The rest of the story is a public interest article, every other tech website does the same thing

getreal

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2010
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Upgrading from a Yahoo job to a Google job I can understand.But leaving a top Google position to go to Yahoo... ???????[/citation]

Looks like even Google employees are getting so sick of Android lameness, they are actually quitting to get away from it!

#AAPLBUCKS

john_e

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Newly Appointed Yahoo! CEO Confirms She's Pregnant

and here I thought she screwed her way to the top and now wanted to sue the guy who impregnated her for not using a condom.

So now if something happens to the company, she has the valid excuse to say she was off on maternity and its not her fault if the stocks went down, and blames the person replacing her.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]dfusco[/nom]..I mean, it would be interesting news if Balmer were pregnant...[/citation]Great, I hadn't considered the possibility of Balmer spawning...thanks a lot.[/citation]
:D ya, scrub that mental picture out! lol a bunch of little babies with old man heads running arround screaming 'developers, developers.....'

dalauder

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]LightningStryk17[/nom]Why is this news, millions of people get pregnant every day but I don't see stories about them everywhere. And also what does this have to do with tech or hardware?... I wish I didn't click this story[/citation]Why DID you click this story if you didn't expect it to be about a pregnant CEO?

egmccann

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]jibbs[/nom]and this is tech news why????[/citation]

For the same reason as, for instance, Steve Jobs having cancer/extended medical leave. It *is* the sort of information people (such as, say, investors) want to know - so it gets put out not just through business channels but via appropriate sites. Such as tech sites. Like tom's.

may1

Distinguished
May 7, 2009
Considering how f///ed up Yahoo is, esp. with previous CEOs, it makes sense to bring her on board, regardless of her status of pregnancy... hell, I think it's good PR for Yahoo anyway, showing they accept diversity among their higher ranks.

fuzzietech

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2007
That is pretty unresponsible, and shady behaviour. She witheld the information about being pregnant until she got the job and a probably considerable pay increase. Then she says "oh btw, im off for some maternity leave" on the new salary, living happy ever after...

Status
Not open for further replies.