Newly getting into laptop gaming question

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2019
I am thinking about getting a laptop for gaming as I need a portable set up, what types of games would I be able to run with this set up?
Sorry for the weird format
Chassis & Display
Recoil Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD IPS 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 8750H (2.2GHz, 4.1GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 2.5" SSD, (upto 560MB/sR | 540MB/sW)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 2 in 1 Memory Card Reader (SD, MMC)
Many thanks

May 2, 2019
Looking at your setup, you should be able to run nearly most games in High settings and possibly ultra for some.
Your GPU looks a little on the low-end considering your other specs.
Depends on how much you are willing to spend, i would go a little higher than a 1050 TI

May 2, 2019
Looking at your setup, you should be able to run nearly most games in High settings and possibly ultra for some.
Depends on how much you are willing to spend, i would go a little higher than a 1050 TI
Thank you

May 2, 2019
What would you recommend?

I would not get a 1050Ti with 32 gb RAM with an i7. If you want this for mostly gaming, get an i5 with a 1060/2060 card and 16gb or RAM. If you need it for heavy number crunching like machine learning programs, Matlab, video editing, etc.. then the i7 is good with the video card for secondary use for gaming.

My favorite site to check on gaming system is www.xoticpc.com see what's there in your budget.

There are also some Ryzen systems with good specs for the money like this https://www.xoticpc.com/asus-tuf-gaming-fx-fx505dt-eb73.html

Status
Not open for further replies.