Newly purchased Acer Aspire 5 acting up. Keeps going to sleep on it's own no matter what.

eerkom

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014
Hey. Few days ago I bought a new Acer Aspire 5 (A517-51G https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/58788/jqqtr/Acer-Aspire-5-17-3-kannettava-Win-10)

Everything's all fine and dandy, except one thing. For some reason the laptop keeps constantly going to sleep mode after approximately 2 minutes. This doesn't happen all the time. It might work as supposed for some time, but then it starts again. Restarting usually fixes this for some time. I have tried everything. Naturally I have checked all the power settings (advanced ones too). This happens even if I set the turn off screen & sleep to "never. Same thing no matter if the laptop is plugged in or not. I installed all the latest drivers from Acer website, uninstalled all the Acer bloatware. Nothing helps. This is driving me nuts. Can any of you offer any insight on what's going on?

Thank you.

eerkom

Estimable
Jun 16, 2014

Thanks for the tip. Updated my BIOS to the latest version, but the problem still remains unfortunately.