Newspapers Say Verizon iPhone is a Sure Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Even thou Android's market share has just surpassed (or about to) the iPhone. Apple has done quite well in comparison. Look at it this way. Only Apple makes the iPhone model, a single design (maybe a different look for Verizon?).

While between Samsung, HTC, Motorola and some others, there is about 30 Androids to choose from.

thedokok

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
I'd hate to be in the US with the mess that the phone carriers are in over there with CDMA and 3G and Edge and whatever other inconsistencies you guys have to put up with.

baracubra

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
[citation][nom]thedokok[/nom]I'd hate to be in the US with the mess that the phone carriers are in over there with CDMA and 3G and Edge and whatever other inconsistencies you guys have to put up with.[/citation]
Is it that much better wherever you are.....?

cirdecus

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2008
Again, I posted these press statements as well as quotes from Verizon employees on the iPhone coming to the network in January. The comments I posted were on the last article about this rumor...

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Belardo[/nom]Even thou Android's market share has just surpassed (or about to) the iPhone. Apple has done quite well in comparison. Look at it this way. Only Apple makes the iPhone model, a single design (maybe a different look for Verizon?).While between Samsung, HTC, Motorola and some others, there is about 30 Androids to choose from.[/citation]
Isn't that the exact point of the whole Android vs. iPhone battle? Choice versus....iPhone? You can get a multitude of different options with the Android route, more custom to what YOU consider important, and iPhone has what it has, the app store, and you can jailbreak or unlock if you want, but that is not recommended. Very similar, IMO, to the PC vs. Mac debate, except we can not build our own smartphones from OEM software......yet....

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Still getting a droid. Hate being tied down to Apple and not having any choices.

When the Apple //c and Mac's came along, the openness of Apple was done. Everything was locked down tight unlike the Apple ][ and Apple //e.

aracheb

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2008
im staying with android, unless i get the iphone for free. maybe i would consider.. otherwise, im very happy with my droid, and if i have to pay for another phone, it will also be android..

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
[citation][nom]isamuelson[/nom]Still getting a droid. Hate being tied down to Apple and not having any choices.When the Apple //c and Mac's came along, the openness of Apple was done. Everything was locked down tight unlike the Apple ][ and Apple //e.[/citation]

I am not trying to be obtuse, but can you give me three examples where the "openness" found in Droid is not found on Apple? And with those examples, do you personally take advantage of them? Again I just seek to understand not trying to start a flame fest.

dameon51

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
[citation][nom]toallthehaters[/nom]I am not trying to be obtuse, but can you give me three examples where the "openness" found in Droid is not found on Apple? And with those examples, do you personally take advantage of them? Again I just seek to understand not trying to start a flame fest.[/citation]

1. Apps don't have to be approved by t he hard ware manufacturer.
2. Flash support.
3. More than one hard configuration available.

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
thanks Dameon. Let me ask you this,
1. is it that bad you have a quality control? I can see the benefit and negative aspect of this, since I have a problem with authority myself.
2. Ok, I hate flash and wish we actually had an alternative that was more main stream. But I see your point, you want the option.
3. Does that mean you want more than one version of the hardware?

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]toallthehaters[/nom]I am not trying to be obtuse, but can you give me three examples where the "openness" found in Droid is not found on Apple? And with those examples, do you personally take advantage of them? Again I just seek to understand not trying to start a flame fest.[/citation]
[citation][nom]dameon51[/nom]1. Apps don't have to be approved by t he hard ware manufacturer.2. Flash support.3. More than one hard configuration available.[/citation]
Don't forget choice of carrier. You can get Android on all 4 major U.S. carriers (and most sub-carriers now too).

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]toallthehaters[/nom]thanks Dameon. Let me ask you this, 1. is it that bad you have a quality control? I can see the benefit and negative aspect of this, since I have a problem with authority myself.2. Ok, I hate flash and wish we actually had an alternative that was more main stream. But I see your point, you want the option.3. Does that mean you want more than one version of the hardware?[/citation]
Crap, I thumbed-up when I meant to thumb-down. You're obviously trying to start a flame-war now. Next you'll ask "Was slavery really that bad? I can understand not being able to do what you want, but they did provide food and housing for slaves."

toallthehaters

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2010
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Crap, I thumbed-up when I meant to thumb-down. You're obviously trying to start a flame-war now. Next you'll ask "Was slavery really that bad? I can understand not being able to do what you want, but they did provide food and housing for slaves."[/citation]

dude, don't jump to conclusions. I am NOT trying to start a flame war. I am simply asking people to articulate their discontent.

myriad46

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
What...is it supposed to be fact when a newspaper reports it? The only 'Fact' we know is that Apple bought a bunch of CDMA hardware...that's it. I'll believe it when I see it, and by that point...who cares. My android phone works fine.

G

More items....

The ability purchase and use your own memory cards, choice/flexibility in syncing music to the device (instead of being forced to use a rigid iTunes)

kmguy

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
Here's the way I see it. It's a Fords/Chevys argument that no one is going to win. I like the "Apple experience" and all of the techno-speak about android and "Open source" and the like means nothing to me (And millions like me)people need to realize that not everyone is an uber-geek who lives for that stuff. If you are then more power to you but don't try to convince me that one is better than the other. They both have their place in the universe. Apple and Verizon need to pull their heads out and start delivering iPhones to the millions like me who will never buy an android phone. I'll just keep walking around with my iPod Touch in one pocket and my DumbPhone in the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.