Next Entry in FEAR Series Will be an Online Multiplayer Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I think this is just a cash in on the name. why in the hell would anyone make an F2P multiplayer game based on an IP that is ONLY known for its single player horror elements(I know they had multiplayer, but noone really cared). i just see this as another F2P FPS game in the sea of other F2P FPS out there. complete with horrid microtransaction P2W system and rampant hackers every day.

Jim90

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Or, do they really mean (benefit of the doubt):

"We are thrilled turn one of the most popular horror single player franchises of the last decade into a meaningless multiplayer experience that, by sheer luck and coincidence, requires practically no effort and story telling on our part"

How to destroy a true gaming experience.

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
This game was great for 2005 when it first came out. They've squeezed about everything they possibly could out of it. I don't see the point in this, probably a waste of time.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
wasn't fears multiplayer really good? i didn't have a computer to play it at the time, but did play the console version when it was new, and damn, did it beat halo bad in that sense.

i don't really mind them taking the engine/gunplay and making a shooter out of it, it was one of the last really good ones in that respect, and for what, the last 2 games, did horror really come into play at all?

bryonhowley

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
Well there goes another game right down the crapper! Multiplayer only is a no go for me all games should be single player and then add multiplayer if time permits period. Multiplayer only means developers are just to lazy to make a good quality game.

jurassic1024

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
"We are thrilled to present the next entry in one of the most popular horror franchises of the last decade"

Pfft, only the first one was good... really good. The last 2 SUCKED.

unionoob

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2011
F.E.A.R 1, EP and PM Multyplayer was pretty good while I did not like Fear 2 and Fear 3 Multyplayer.

But really, don't think anyone else but original Monolith team what made first F.E.A.R, Condemned 2 and AvP 2 is capable of making decent follow up for F.E.A.R franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.