Next iPod Touch May Feature 3G Connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

S J W

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
Oh wow! THE INNOVATION IS JUST BLINDING!

Honestly though, 1 new feature that is no doubt locked out and limited to stop it spilling over another "blindingly innovational" product by Apple will sell to the stupid in millions.

These "fashion tech" products are for fools, as you'll still have to bring a pair of headphones with you wherever you go, so you might aswell bring your MP3 player (that isn't a crappy iPod) and your phone, (that isn't a flawed iPhone) that both function, simply superbly in there own field.

If anything, why would you want a fancy gleaming iPod touch with the ability to be identified by a potential mugger, to then rack up a huge bill on your credit card in iTunes bills? - Which of course WILL happen, as you'll be too busy looking at your iRetarded screen using a touch screen to change tracks instead of reaching in your pocket with a flick of a switch.

S J W

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2011
your better off staying away from Apple all together and ripping off the music business for every penny they're worth. That is to say if you/your kids are listening to some nasty cheesy pop. I mean take Lady GaGa? Bloody awful music, and still rich as hell, does she need all you money? NO! Does your money help keep thousands of people employed in the production of CD's? Hell no they're made by robot. Is Lady GaGa still rich beyond her wildest dreams? She was born rich! So steal her music for gods sake, don't buy it through iTunes!

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Who possibily would want this.
Carriers are already restricting mobile hotspot offerings. I highly doubt they will give customers a discounted triple deal for their iPhone, iPad and iPod. This is gonna add up to ~$100/month for plans if you own all 3...

walter87

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
[citation][nom]KawiNinjaZX[/nom]You are better off to buy an iPhone if you are going to get a touch with 3G. The initial price and data prices are high.[/citation]
Exactly, not sure why anyone would disagree.
The iPod has already been called "the iPhone without the Phone". Now it will be called:
"The iPhone with the phone, just locked"
Both the iPhone and iPod will have very similar hardware
(minus probably the gyroscope magnetometer for the iPhone, which would now be the only main differential between the 2 devices)

lucky015

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
If it happens I give it 3 months after release for the Jailbreak teams to unlock it and have a working dialer in place like the galaxy tab.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Here a concept for most of the people replying to this forum... If you don't like it, don't buy it, don't impose your way of thinking on another person's way of thinking. You like XZY then buy XYZ, but don't sit there and type crap this and crap that...

Apple or Google are not putting a gun to your head forcing you to buy anything....

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Maybe if they allow tethering so I can use it as a mifi w/o the jacket, & a DisplayPort. I "might" get the new iPod good-Touch or the cheaper iPod bad-Touch... ;-)

applerocks

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
[citation][nom]S J W[/nom]Oh wow! THE INNOVATION IS JUST BLINDING!Honestly though, 1 new feature that is no doubt locked out and limited to stop it spilling over another "blindingly innovational" product by Apple will sell to the stupid in millions. These "fashion tech" products are for fools, as you'll still have to bring a pair of headphones with you wherever you go, so you might aswell bring your MP3 player (that isn't a crappy iPod) and your phone, (that isn't a flawed iPhone) that both function, simply superbly in there own field.If anything, why would you want a fancy gleaming iPod touch with the ability to be identified by a potential mugger, to then rack up a huge bill on your credit card in iTunes bills? - Which of course WILL happen, as you'll be too busy looking at your iRetarded screen using a touch screen to change tracks instead of reaching in your pocket with a flick of a switch.[/citation]

OMG you need to lay off whatever your smoking, you have way to much anger built up towards Apple for one human being.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]applerocks[/nom]OMG you need to lay off whatever your smoking, you have way to much anger built up towards Apple for one human being.[/citation]
Not really, Apple should have this coming from everybody. Of course, I'm not surprised you would say this, look at your bloody username.

Status
Not open for further replies.