Next Mortal Kombat May Go Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

How good would it be to have a ranked online setup with all your stats and main event matchups...FINISH HIMMMMM!!

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
The online play for the last MK game I played had much to be desired. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy spending countless hours with it. Can't wait to see what MK9 has in store.

Studly007

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2008
They've been making these games "bloodier" and "more sick" for over 15 years now. So how is this one going to be special? On the same scale as Kill Bill where you can dismember someone and blood shoots across the screen like it was attached to a pressurized fire hose?

Don't get me wrong - I grew up with the original, and fell in love with it like everyone else in '93. But I truly haven't seen them "push the envelope" like Killer Instinct did in '95. I think the Unreal Engine 3 is a GREAT MOVE. I hope it helps. I've been waiting WAY TOO LONG for this franchise to get back on its feet (kind of like Tomb Raider).

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I wonder what platform(s) this will go on.

Also, I hope whoever handles the network back-end pushes TCP as the traffic choice instead of UDP. I think packet loss that manifests as a missed block, punch, or kick is an unacceptable compromise in a game such as this.

For example, the PS3 release of MK2 is terrible in its implementation of network support. Although, for $5.00, I guess any network support at all is more than to be expected.

As with "Studlu007", I am surprised we do not have a re-release of Killer Instinct (KI) out. AFAIK, Microsoft owns rights to it. KI is a gold-mine franchise just waiting to rain cash on M$. Even a marketing idiot knows this.

Hell, I'm a PC and PS3 owner. I already decided that a release of an online-supported KI would justify the ADDITIONAL XBOX360 console purchase and online subscription alone. (M$, are you listening?!)

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
Job pages are all the same... they ask for the best people in the world to apply for the best job in the world, to work on the best project in the world, ...
And even if they manage to produce the best online play, it will still be Mortal Kombat. How can you expect a good quality game if they are also mainly focused on making it bloodier and "more sick" (like for all the previous installments).
Ok, that is fun for 5 minutes to play MK with all that blood but that will never be able to compete again a good Capcom or SNK fighting game.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I didn't know they'd made so many mortal kombats! I have the mortal kombat 2 cd at home somewhere still (a whopping 20mb of data on it!) .... thought after mk4 they'd stopped...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS