Next WP7 Update May Bring Copy/Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadder

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2008
January????
Don't hold your breath. I had a WM phone for 2 years. Updates were promised and promised, but never released. I gave up and switched to a different phone.

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I hear in May windows 7 phones will be able to text!!! yes i cant wait!!!!

Phone calls might be released in 3rd Q of 2011. Thats just a rumor tho.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
it seems, WM7 is inferior to WM6.5... WM6.5 has multi-tasking, it has copy pasting, tethering ...

The only advantage WM7 has over 6.5 is the improved touch interface and HD video playback/recording...

randomizer

Distinguished
...adding that it took Microsoft three months to do what Apple did in three years.

3 months to implement a piece of standard functionality into the operating system is still a pretty shoddy effort. Then again, this earth-shattering new update may skip over functionality and just add more glass so that "they could have called it Windows Phone 8" and people would believe it.

oafed

Distinguished
May 28, 2008
I got a Samsung Focus and LOVE it. It surpasses Android in just about every way (I've had a Nexus One for almost a year). Everyone hates Microsoft because Windows ME blue screened on them years ago and Windows Vista didn't work with their 90s scanner. I have a Windows Phone 7 and it is awesome. The complainers don't have a Windows Phone 7, have never touched a Windows Phone 7 - yet are always the expert in how much they suck.

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]oafed[/nom]I got a Samsung Focus and LOVE it. It surpasses Android in just about every way (I've had a Nexus One for almost a year). Everyone hates Microsoft because Windows ME blue screened on them years ago and Windows Vista didn't work with their 90s scanner. I have a Windows Phone 7 and it is awesome. The complainers don't have a Windows Phone 7, have never touched a Windows Phone 7 - yet are always the expert in how much they suck.[/citation] I agree with you 100%. I own an HTC HD7 and could not be happier. Believe it or not, i used an iPhone before my WP7 device, and WP7 may have its quirks, but it's but it's overall quality and potential surpass the iPhone 100 fold. I'm also a fan of Android, I tinker with my girlfriends G2 and am very familiar with the OS. I like that the platform is open, and that Android has so many features, but the interface is garbage. Period. Google needs to redesign the interface instead of just tacking things onto it or it's going to be surpassed by both iOS and WP7. TBH I'd rather Android succeed more than iOS. Android may have access to alot of features, but its polish is lacking.

G

Seriously? Did Micro$oft not learn from Apple's screw up? Copy and Past should be a basic function.

I guarantee, if I was thinking of a WM phone, and I couldn't copy and past, it would have ended up back on the shelf. Smooth move Micro$oft...

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Lol Windows Mobile has pissed off so many people I know that owned phones with that OS, good luck trying to grab customers back. Trust unfortunately has been lost.

Android OS all the way. The iOS is limited to..well AT&T and the iphone. Least I have better phone and carrier choices with Android OS.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
The HD2 to the side of me is now gathering dust as I also have a nice new HD7. As for copy+paste, I may have used that feature three times in the entire time I had the HD2 (Over 1 year). Three times!

WM7 is fast, stable, with a clean looking UI. Maybe try it instead of repeating what others have said.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]cadder[/nom]January????Don't hold your breath. I had a WM phone for 2 years. Updates were promised and promised, but never released. I gave up and switched to a different phone.[/citation]

Who promised those updates? Microsoft or the mobile phone company? MS never, directly, released patches for 6.5 etc etc. It was up to people like HTC to release pacthes, which they did, albeit not many. Things are now different with WM7

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]it seems, WM7 is inferior to WM6.5... WM6.5 has multi-tasking, it has copy pasting, tethering ...The only advantage WM7 has over 6.5 is the improved touch interface and HD video playback/recording...[/citation]

I liked 6.5, I really did, but the tech pages slammed it and MS had NO CHOICE but to create a new mobile OS. Blame the reviewers and customers for that one. Yes, we had a mobile OS that did everything, every damn thing, but, it wasn't shiny enough for the mass population.

Status
Not open for further replies.