Question nextbook nx16a8116kpb stuck at nextbook logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2020
hello all,

So when I boot this device all I get is the nextbook logo. However I have hard reset it numerous times to no avail & also have unsoldered the battery, drained it and charged it back. While charging I do get a battery icon (unanimated).

I am about to break out the microscope (also have solering tools) and hopefully find out whats what. Do y;ll know of anything specific to look for or maybe point me in a different direction cause I am out of ideas.

Thanks in advance!
Sudo

Have you, by any chance, tried starting it up in "Safe Mode" to see if it will load in there?

How to enter "Safe Mode" when booting the computer.

In Windows 8 and 10...

As your computer restarts, press F8 (possibly a few times) to enter "Safe Mode"

a. Press the "F4" key to Enable "Safe Mode".
(The computer will then start in "Safe Mode" with a minimal set of drivers and services.)

b. Press the "F5" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Networking.
( Once "Safe Mode" with Networking starts, Windows is in Safe Mode, with additional network and services for accessing the Internet and other computers on your network.)

c. Press the "F6" key to Enable "Safe Mode" with Command Prompt.
(In "Safe Mode" with "Command Prompt" starts Windows in Safe Mode, with a Command Prompt window instead of the Windows interface. This option is mostly only used by IT professionals.)

Now sign in to the computer with your account name and password. (If you have one set.) When you are finished troubleshooting, you can exit "Safe Mode" restarting your computer.

In Windows 7/Vista/XP...

1. Immediately after turning on the computer, or restarting it (usually after you hear your computer beep), tap the F8 key, repeatedly, in 1 second intervals.

2. The computer will then display hardware information and run a memory test.

3. Next the "Advanced Boot Options" menu will appear.

4. In the "Advanced Boot Options" menu use the arrow keys to select "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode with Networking" and press ENTER.

Jan 8, 2020
I guess I wasn't clear or posted in the wrong sub. This is a nextbook tablet, so accessing this type of safe mode isn't possible. Although pressing the down volume button and power is supposed to produce safe mode, it does not & the nextbook logo just remains on the screen.

I forgot, in some tablets it is a little different. Try this...
  1. Turn the tablet off (no power).
  2. Turn it back on and when you get to the logo screen then press both the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons together.
  3. Keep holding those two buttons until the device fully loads and you should see it is in "Safe Mode".

Nextbook have probably the highest failure rate in tablets outside of maybe RCAs. I doubt any sort of reset or reload of the operating system will help, you'd have to replace the system board which for a cheap device is not worth the time or cost to buy the replacement.

If it won't do anything then I am out of options. Short of needing parts replaced, which really would not be worth the cost.

Additionally, it could be due to a block on the device. Since it actually isn't yours, found or not, there would be nothing we could do to assist with it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.