Nexus 5 not recognised on laptop

Id10

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014
I regularly transfer photos from my Nexus 5 to my laptop. However this is no longer possible because my laptop can't recognise my Nexus as a device anymore. My Nexus still charges via USB, but it is not recognised any more in my devices. I thought it may be my cable but a new cable has done nothing to solve the issue. I have had a look on some forums and they are all talking about drivers. I am really not tech savvy at all, which may be obvious! I would really appreciate any help with this, in as simple terms as possible!

Solution
Check if your USB setting allows for the nexus 5 to be used as a media device, this allows you to connect to a pc. You goota go to settings, then click the storage settings and at the top click the 3 dots beside the title. A menu showing usb settings should show and check the mtp checkbox.

Gazabi

Estimable
Sep 2, 2014
Check if your USB setting allows for the nexus 5 to be used as a media device, this allows you to connect to a pc. You goota go to settings, then click the storage settings and at the top click the 3 dots beside the title. A menu showing usb settings should show and check the mtp checkbox.

Solution

Id10

Estimable
Sep 9, 2014
Yes, I am aware of both of these. When I was able to transfer photos, I always had the MTP box checked. Now it won't transfer regardless, with either the MTP box ticked, or the PTP box. I am still unable to transfer anything.

TRENDING THREADS