Nexus 5 unlocked

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I was wondering if anyone has or had any issues with gmail app deleting emails in my inbox?
I noticed this last night. I was looking through my email and noticed i was missing some emails from my inbox. I went to look in the trash bin and sure enough i had some deleted emails that i never deleted.
I did a google search and apparently some people were having these type of issues. I guess google fix the problem. But it didn't work for me.
I had to disable my pop and imap. So, far its been working. But every time i check my emails i have to check the trash bin to make sure something wasn't deleted.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/29/gmail-app-delete_n_4687238.html
You may have been impacted by a recent issue in Gmail that inadvertently caused some actions (e.g. delete, report spam) taken while viewing a message to be applied to a different message. The issue occurred between January 15 and January 22 and is now fixed.

We encourage you to check your Trash and Spam folders before February 14, 2014 for any items you did not intend to delete or mark as spam and move them back to your inbox. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Something to do with the iOS app. Should be fixed now.

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
What do u mean by email client(sorry newb here) what r we talking about?
I do have yahoo mail and 2 hotmail accts as well. I don't think those r effected by this

tvfreak

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I did change my password but I haven't enabled pop and IMAP. I'll enable it and see what happens. Every time I check my gmail I always check the spam and trash folder making sure nothing was sent there when it shouldn't have in the first place