Nexus 7 (2012) not charging

haroldj97

Honorable
Jun 9, 2013
About 6 months ago my Nexus 7 2012 tablet stopped charging. On some days it would charge a couple of percent in 24 hours. After looking on forums, I decided to buy a new battery to see if it would fix the problem. My tablet charged perfectly fine for the next couple of months and lasted longer than it did every before. However recently the problem of it not charging returned. It takes forever to charge, with it only doing 1% every 6-7 hours or so and most days it doesn't charge at all. When it does eventually (which has only happened once over the last few months) it stops at 60% and goes no further. I have tried everything from clearing the cache partition, factory re-setting, re-seating the battery connector and nothing has worked. Also tried many different chargers from a HTC phone charger, a Galaxy Tab 7.0 charger and nothing works. I don't think the battery has gone because I have only had it a few months and does it last a lot long when using it, just can't charge it back up again What else can be done to rectify this problem or shall I just buy a new tablet?