Nintendo 3DS Slide-pad Official; 3DS Gets Video Capture

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
If that's what it looks like I'd stay quiet about it too. Adds a lot of extra bulk, makes most current cases useless, and won't be functionally useful. The right thumb is needed to hit the action buttons, this will make it harder to reach those comfortably and still control any camera/movement with the new stick.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Ugh that fact that it has to take batteries is awful. One of the appeals of a modern handheld console is the fact that they come with their own rechargeable batteries. Now the gamer either has to constantly have to buy batteries for the accessory or have to buy a charger and rechargeable batteries which is also a inconvenience. I don't want to have to bring that with me when traveling. Even if this damn thing came free with a 3DS its going to end up costing more than its worth.

Also please tell me those games that it supports are not games that will actually require it or actually make the games tolerable? Fire Emblem and Resident Evil: Revelations are the only two releases I even look forward to at this point and they won't be released till 2012 and now if RE:R requires this damn thing I'm not buying it.

G

the mentioned games that CAN utilize this fugly contraption do NOT require it.. its just a ADD ON and CAN be used but does not HAVE TO be used. Although i agree that this this is horrendous (and i have a 3ds) its not ALL bad news.. it just makes it more obvious what changes will be made in the future when the new iteration of the 3ds ("3dsLite) comes out... its going to sport 2 slide pads. The following are things i expect to be updated in the next 3ds version:
1. Longer lasting Battery
2. Second Slide pad added to the handheld (probably under the a,b,x,y buttons.)
3. Slight exterior (shell) re-design - probably thinner or something.
4. MAYBE slightly bigger upper screen (this is more just a hope of mine but probably wont happen)
5. better camera quality (another hope of mine but probably wont happen )

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Maybe its just my OCD kicking in, but they could have at least centered it a little better. Anyway, Ill remain quiet in regards to my feelings about this, until I at least get to try it out. Although I do have to wonder if they will incorporate this into a redesign later on down the road.

G

A single lithium battery in that accessory would probably last ages. Kinda like they do in remote controls. They should have maybe squeezed two batteries in it though.

G

[citation][nom]Filiprino[/nom]Nintendo is doomed.[/citation]
I heard the same thing when they released the Wii in '06.

G

Dang I thought the 3DS was heavy enough with the neccessary battery replacement but now this?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
The whole "requiring external battery" part can be forgiven depending on how long the batteries last. If it's in the span of weeks then it's not going to be as much of a concern.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]If that's what it looks like I'd stay quiet about it too. Adds a lot of extra bulk, makes most current cases useless, and won't be functionally useful. The right thumb is needed to hit the action buttons, this will make it harder to reach those comfortably and still control any camera/movement with the new stick.[/citation]

please, if your hands cant hold onto a stick, than go over to buttons, on a controller that small, you either have freakishly small hands, or are a 5 year old... take your pick.

who uses cases for a device that folds anyway?

[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Ugh that fact that it has to take batteries is awful. One of the appeals of a modern handheld console is the fact that they come with their own rechargeable batteries. Now the gamer either has to constantly have to buy batteries for the accessory or have to buy a charger and rechargeable batteries which is also a inconvenience. I don't want to have to bring that with me when traveling. Even if this damn thing came free with a 3DS its going to end up costing more than its worth.Also please tell me those games that it supports are not games that will actually require it or actually make the games tolerable? Fire Emblem and Resident Evil: Revelations are the only two releases I even look forward to at this point and they won't be released till 2012 and now if RE:R requires this damn thing I'm not buying it.[/citation]

you know, most people would LOVE to be able to replace batteries in their devices instead of having to use the one it comes with. personally, if there was a ds/psp that came with the option for AA's id buy that in a heart beat, because i can replace them on the go when they get low.

now... the wavebird used how many batteries? was it 3? and that was a full controller, with a wireless signal that took power. this could probably last days on 1 AAA battery, so CRY ME A RIVER that you have to charge a 4 pack of AAA batteries once every 156 hours of gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.