Nintendo Announces 3D Handheld, the 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

take TAHT sony or should i say phony!!!!!!! and microsoft, you suck!!!!!!!! apple and nintendo ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Very cool idea! This thing will catch on like wildfire.

Just imagine, even if only one kid gets one for Christmas, they bring it to school showing off Mario 'popping out' of the screen EVERY kid will want one.

G

I'm already sick of 3D. It's not even cool or neat, it's just annoying.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]This from the company that won't release Wii HD?Do you like graphics or not Nintendo?[/citation]
For Ninty, it's about price over performance. I expect they've found a way to make 3D not as heavy of a price tag as putting an Nvidia Tegra in every Wii!

Toddosan

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
dammit too bad 3d doesnt work for me since im almost blind in one eye. but yeah as someone mentioned its a virtual boy 2.0 and hoepfully this time it catches on, now all the need too do is make a version of the glove for the wii and ill be in line for it.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Virtual Boy? Nah, this should be much better, and you probably won't have to stick it to your face. They've had 3D-arcades forever (usually involving mirrors and whatnot). I'm sure Nintendo just found a way to smash it down into a flat screen.

Speaking of 3D arcades, I gotta buy a pack of D-batteries and fire up this bad boy again sometime: http://www.miniarcade.com/coleco/zaxxon.htm

G

Wait...

Nintendo have taken ordinary 3D polygon graphics (exactly how a 360/PS3/PC have rendered graphics for decades), hooked the camera up to a motion controller, and claimed the first "3D graphics without the need for 3D glasses".

*Sarcastic clap for Nintendo*

It seems anyone will do anything these days to capitalize on the whole '3D' rage at the moment. Sadly, the average consumer will probably buy into this bollocks. -1 respect to Nintendo

slaphappy

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2006
[citation][nom]rbarone69[/nom]Very cool idea! This thing will catch on like wildfire.Just imagine, even if only one kid gets one for Christmas, they bring it to school showing off Mario 'popping out' of the screen EVERY kid will want one.[/citation]
Well it wont actually look like this. Without 3d glasses the effect of 3d on screen will look like a hologram. Nothing comes out at you, instead it just appears to have depth like you're looking into a glass window with a 3d world behind it.

Playing mario like this will still look amazing though, if not better. I dont really care to have objects fly into my face. I like the more subtle 3d look, admiring the lush backgrounds and depth to it all.

djab

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]Toddosan[/nom]dammit too bad 3d doesnt work for me since im almost blind in one eye. ...[/citation]

If the 3d effect in this case uses head tracking technology, it might work for you Toddosan :) and other people who have problem with one eye.
Here are some video exemple of 3d effect with head tracking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5QSclrIdlE
The last one is a DSiware!!!
Let us know if you think it could work for you.
Personally, looking at these videos with one eye close, I can still see some kind of 3d effect.

shamgar

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
hello everyone, i have a very important question about this device.

can it play crysis?

that is all.

thank you for your quick responses.

dwave

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Enough with the stupid crysis line! It is overly worn out and shows that you don't have any wit to come up with a new funny line.

bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]Wait...Nintendo have taken ordinary 3D polygon graphics (exactly how a 360/PS3/PC have rendered graphics for decades), hooked the camera up to a motion controller, and claimed the first "3D graphics without the need for 3D glasses".*Sarcastic clap for Nintendo*It seems anyone will do anything these days to capitalize on the whole '3D' rage at the moment. Sadly, the average consumer will probably buy into this bollocks. -1 respect to Nintendo[/citation]
Maybe I miss understood you but you are talking like they are advertising good old polygon 3d... when they are actually talking about stereoscopic 3d. Whey else would they say "3d without glasses"

bboysil

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2006
[citation][nom]bboysil[/nom]Maybe I miss understood you but you are talking like they are advertising good old polygon 3d... when they are actually talking about stereoscopic 3d. Whey else would they say "3d without glasses"[/citation]
Or maybe 3d using head tracking or motion tracking... but surely not the plain old 3d :p

Status
Not open for further replies.