Nintendo Confirms New Zelda Game for the Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Windwalker was one of the top Zelda games made in my opinion. It was definitely a system seller for Gamecube.. I think the Gamecube version is selling on ebay for like over a hundred dollars? Anyways, I haven't bought a console since the Gamecube... but would definitely suggest people with the Wii U to buy the HD remake. Awesome game!

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Wind Waker is my second favorite Zelda game, right behind A Link to the Past. The only thing that spoiled it was all the tedious sailing. The combat mechanics, art style, characters, story, boss fights, environments, and equipment were all superb.

I like that the new Zelda game will be non-linear. I'd also like to see them expand upon things in the past several games. I think Link should get various mounts like horses, loftwings, dragons, whales, and more. I would set the world up like a Final Fantasy game where there are continents to explore rather than isolated islands. Have a great villain we love to hate like in Skyward Sword. Put magic back in the game (the only redeeming quality of The Adventure of Link). Boy would I love to be on the design team for this game!

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
I just saw the screenshots. Why do console developers keep calling these remakes? They are not remakes! They are the result of when the user turns the settings higher in the graphic options. It's free to do that on PC but for some reason console gamers are willing to buy the entire game all over again with not even an upgrade price offered to have the settings just set higher for them. It's ridiculous.

G

I remember like it was yesterday that i played Windwaker in 2003. A lot of the hardcore fans were angry that it looked cartoonish, and wanted the realism of Ocarina of Time/Majora Mask, which resulted in Twilight.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]iKyunG[/nom]Windwalker was one of the top Zelda games made in my opinion. It was definitely a system seller for Gamecube.. I think the Gamecube version is selling on ebay for like over a hundred dollars? Anyways, I haven't bought a console since the Gamecube... but would definitely suggest people with the Wii U to buy the HD remake. Awesome game![/citation]

Wind Waker was pretty cool, I didn't even mind the cel graphics. But man, that ocean, too much ocean. I guess its really no different from walking across a field, but a field has hills and trees and shrubs. The ocean is water, endless, desolate water.

[citation][nom]infernocy[/nom]this will be massively used http://dolphin-emulator.com/[/citation]

I have my doubts. How is Dolphin going to successfully replace the Wii U's gamepad, which will surely be used in any 1st party game? From how I understood it the gamepad uses a proprietary form of wireless to connect, and there is no similar device for PC. The Wiimote used bluetooth so it wasn't that hard.

[citation][nom]IndignantSkeptic[/nom]I just saw the screenshots. Why do console developers keep calling these remakes? They are not remakes! They are the result of when the user turns the settings higher in the graphic options [/citation]

That isn't always the case. Remakes can potentially offer new features or redo mechanics. Perhaps you're just focusing on the graphic element.

"According to Pocket-Lint, Aonuma hinted that the new title won't have a linear storyline like the previous games"

Anyway this is all I need. Take all my money Nintendo. The two biggest flaws with the last couple Zelda games was the Wiimote integration (trying to find the right angle to perform an action, thanks guys) and the fact they were far too on-the-rails for a series that is traditionally only limited by the items blocking your way. Just drop me on a map Nintendo, put some rocks or dodongos or something in the way to the endgame. I can find my way, thanks.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
@kinggraves, you have misunderstood; this is 2 different games they are talking about; not 1. There is the remake of the old game and then there is the non-linear game which is the completely new Zelda game.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
link's awakening or bust >_< .. actually I accept your attempts to reessell my childhjood games to me just shinier and with a few changes , thank you for the privilage and say ... shut up and take my money :)

Status
Not open for further replies.