Nintendo: New, Big DSi Coming Next Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Isn't anybody tired of the console manufacturers, just remaking their old systems over and over again. I mean, some of this remaking is for the good of it, but the recent DS game piracy outbreak that came with the DSi sd card compatibility cause a little dammage to it. And I bet that somebody somewhere is going to crack thePSPgo very soon. They should just make a new handheld.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]Isn't anybody tired of the console manufacturers, just remaking their old systems over and over again. I mean, some of this remaking is for the good of it, but the recent DS game piracy outbreak that came with the DSi sd card compatibility cause a little dammage to it. And I bet that somebody somewhere is going to crack thePSPgo very soon. They should just make a new handheld.[/citation]

PSPgo will not be cracked because no one really bought it.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
^lol +1

That thing is gonna be massive! It weighs more than the first generation psp(check it out on Kotaku). I def won't be gettin one, since it will be the same resolution as the regular dsi screen it might look pretty pixelated. And with two 4in screens its gonna be as big as a netbook!

thundercleese

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
It's a good thing Nintendo isn't in the restaurant business. They would just take yesterday's septic tank contents, freeze it, paint it pink and call it today's NEW strawberry-flavored ice-cream. With a NEW price!

hillarymakesmecry

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2009
A DSI for adults. The itty bitty controls, pen and screen hurt my big tendonotis ridden hands and tired-of-looking-at-a-monitor-all-day-long eyes. I sold my launch-day PSP after about a month. My hands ached after playing it.

Ya'll can criticize, but you're missing the point of this thing.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Good, then the DSi and DS and DSLite prices will all go down. Yay.
Also the name should be XL, not LL. What does LL stand for...?

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
Sweet good thing i skipped the dsi now i can get a ds for my big hands although not too sure how well it fits into my pocket anymore.

lightsaber

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
I swear...Nintendo's a bunch of A$$holeS...last I checked here we are in a recession where money is tight and Nintendo is updating their DS line less then a year later after the DSi....sad part is people will go out and buy this too. Like theramman said earlier "that's how they make their money" I remember back in the days when the gameboy would like a hardware refresh about every two years....but less then 12 months later...it's ridiculous!!!

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]cybrcatter[/nom]Good to see that Nintendo is using all of that RnD money to. . . . .remake the same system again? DOH![/citation]
Sony must be learning from the master. How many PSP revisions are there?

G

Maybe the Ds Lite now go for 100usd, the DSi 140-150, and DSi LL for 170, the same as the normal DSi now.
For me it's sad, i just got a DSi in the beginning of august, and still waiting to see exclusive games that take advantage of the more powerful hardware inside.

thecolonel2323

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2004
Don't understand why everyone is complaining about them releasing another DS. It gives the consumer more options, possibly lowers prices, and there is nothing forcing you to upgrade. If you like your current DS then stick with it. I still have my launch day DS fatty because the Lite and DSi didn't have anything that compelled me to buy them. This new DS would fit my hands much better so I just might bite.

yang

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
their games already look crap and pixelated, making the screen 4 inches without increasing the hardware performance will definitly make their games look even more crappier than they are now

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
imho DSi screen is already pixelated enough. I own one and the reason why I bought it was for the larger screen, more features, and it has a better overall quality feel to it much unlike a flimsy cheap feeling DS Lite. I don't need larger screens on Nintendo's portable pixel box. larger screen might be ok on a PSP but one can just purchase a PSP 2000. PSP dominates over Nintendo's console sometimes I wonder why I even own two DS and one DSi. I like the new PSP games such as Motorstorm Arctic Edge and Gran Turismo. Can't say much for 2009 DS titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.