Nintendo: Next Console More than Wii HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyzionz

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
Yea right
saying the games weren't originally slated for the Wii two years ago, originally deemed as ineffective on the platform at the time.
Can Wii run assassin's creed 1?

ArgleBargle

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
I wonder if people will be paying launch prices for the Wii2 nearly 3 years after its debut? Probably. You can fool some of the people some of the time, and then there are some you can keep fooling over and over...

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
"Fils-Aime disagrees, claiming that it's not the way Nintendo does things by adding to existing hardware."

uhhhh..

what about the DS lite, DSi, and now an even bigger DSi

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Nintendo have done incredibly well over the last 3 years and the 360 can only dream to catch up with the Wii actual installed base.

The thing is, the Wii was more of a test than anything else. Sincerely, I really doubt the 360 and the PS3 can actually be happy with their lack of DX10 support... if you take into account that we are now in DX11 era and many devs will love to try the new technology that will be once again PC oriented only, we can easily expect a new generation in 2 years.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
[citation][nom]TenaciousleyDead[/nom]"Fils-Aime disagrees, claiming that it's not the way Nintendo does things by adding to existing hardware."uhhhh..what about the DS lite, DSi, and now an even bigger DSi[/citation]

You can still play the new DS games on your old DS. It's more an update than an add-up like Natal and PS3 motion sensing.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
thank you soo much for this. this is classic! every line was LoL!

why doesn't the wii have COD4 ?? LOL

"High-quality, effectively marketed against our installed base will sell" LOL, but the other consoles can do anything yours can but in HD, thats HIGHER quality, so it will sell BETTER.

"that it's not the way Nintendo does things by adding to existing hardware" bahaha! No, you put the same hardware in a prettier box and try to pass it off as completely new, making people buy it again! yeah... thats better...

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]TenaciousleyDead[/nom]"Fils-Aime disagrees, claiming that it's not the way Nintendo does things by adding to existing hardware."uhhhh..what about the DS lite, DSi, and now an even bigger DSi[/citation]
I understand your point, but I believe you're not seeing the whole picture. When he said adding to existing hardware is not the way nintendo does things, he didn't say that they don't add variations to the current generation. He meant that adding only one element to a next generation console is not how they work. THAT is actually true.

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
I see what you mean, but in what case has that happened? I know current gen console hardware gets tweaked a lot more frequently than it used to, but they don't market it as a new product (save for a different hard drive capacity).

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]but the other consoles can do anything yours can but in HD, thats HIGHER quality, so it will sell BETTER.[/citation]
Do you really think that HD makes games sell better? I don't think it does. If it does, explain to me how Nintendo has had huge titles release for the last 4 years, while Xbox360 was available, which all have sold millions of copies. HD doesn't make a game more fun. It makes a game prettier to look at. Did I mention that all Xbox360 SKUs and all PS3 SKUs currently being sold do not come with any HD cables? Out of the box, NONE of the current consoles can output in HD. Even the Xbox 360 Elite comes with COMPOSITE cables now.
Oh, and COD4 was ported to Wii recently, and if you've played it on the Wii in 480p versus on an Xbox 360 in 720p you'd see the main difference is in CONTROLS not graphics. Not that you'd understand that, because you'd rather have a prettier screen to look at than a game that'll keep you entertained.

rocket_sauce

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2004
[citation][nom]dtemple[/nom]Do you really think that HD makes games sell better? I don't think it does. If it does, explain to me how Nintendo has had huge titles release for the last 4 years, while Xbox360 was available, which all have sold millions of copies. HD doesn't make a game more fun. It makes a game prettier to look at. Did I mention that all Xbox360 SKUs and all PS3 SKUs currently being sold do not come with any HD cables? Out of the box, NONE of the current consoles can output in HD. Even the Xbox 360 Elite comes with COMPOSITE cables now.Oh, and COD4 was ported to Wii recently, and if you've played it on the Wii in 480p versus on an Xbox 360 in 720p you'd see the main difference is in CONTROLS not graphics. Not that you'd understand that, because you'd rather have a prettier screen to look at than a game that'll keep you entertained.[/citation]
As I can understand your argument here, I just can't let it go. I have a Wii and a 360. The Wii is for my kids and the 360 is on the HDTV. The 360 comes with a single COMPONENT/COMPOSIT cable so yes, it does do HD (1080p)out of the box. My biggest beef with the Wii is, I personally dont enjoy waving my arms and not getting a correct reponse everytime and also I play games to relax and have fun, which I dont seem to get when I play the Wii. It frustrates me.
If I have to choose a game (for me), I will always without a doubt choose the 360 over the Wii, for controls,direct link internet (if needed) and graphic quality.

Nexus52085

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]TenaciousleyDead[/nom]I see what you mean, but in what case has that happened? I know current gen console hardware gets tweaked a lot more frequently than it used to, but they don't market it as a new product (save for a different hard drive capacity).[/citation]
There are two things that are dead giveaway when it comes to Nintendo's next gen consoles.
1) There is a name change. Nintendo never uses the same name or any part of it for a next gen console(unless you're talking about NES and SNES).
2) The controller changes. It is evident that Nintendo continually changes their controller every generation in an attempt to find a better way to interact with what's on the screen. Sometimes this works(SNES over NES), sometimes not so much(N64).
Usually, every generation has been focused on hardware improvements. THIS generation, however, Nintendo decided to make other types of changes instead of focusing on hardware improvement(Though, there have been smart hardware upgrades where it counts). Input controls was obviously the focal point, but there was a great deal of thought put into the form of the console, backwards compatibility, interface design(loads of channels), internet, and cost effectiveness.

G

Well people are missed informed on here. There is a huge difference between 720p and 480p. If you can't see the difference then you are blind. As for the The Xbox360 Elite sorry but that comes with an HDMI cable and that supports 1080p and 7.1 AC3. As for the Composite/Component cable that comes with the standard 360 it only supports 1080i not 1080p. For the 360 to do 1080p you have to have last run of Zephyr but since the Falcon they all have HDMI. Jasper is the latest motherboard. I have both a Wii and an Xbox 360 and comparing 720x480 to 1280x720 like I said you have to blind to not see the difference. Sorry I am Not blind and yes the feel of a game is also dependent on how realistic it looks. For some games I want the real life experience. Other days I like having fun like on the Wii. So I like both but, Realistic games? The Wii wont hold a candle to the 360 or the PS3. That's just how it is. For those of you that want to complain about it, go buy a 360 arcade and enjoy the Online experience. 2 Different machines for 2 different purposes. If comparing 360 to Wii.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom] bahaha! No, you put the same hardware in a prettier box and try to pass it off as completely new, making people buy it again! yeah... thats better...[/citation]

why not.. it works for apple. Besides theres already a gaming device that allows you to upgrade a piece of hardware if its not doing its job.. its called a computer.

o and dtemple....... you fail sorry.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS