Nintendo Officially Slashes the Price of the Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
[citation][nom]appleblowsdonkeyballs[/nom]Still wouldn't buy it for $100 due to the horrible selection of games.[/citation]

It's funny; I bought a Wii back in December 2007 when they were still hard to find and the whole motion controller thing was relatively unique. I also got LOZ Twilight Princess and a few other 'silly' games and I thought Nintendo had a huge hit on their hands as long as they continue to deliver good games. Well, about 3.5 years later I haven't bought a single game since Jan 2008 and I'm amazed they've sold so many Wiis. Hopefully with the enhanced graphics fo the Wii 2/HD they can deliver some good games.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Since the next Wii console is using similar technology to the current xbox 360, they should think about licensing out Microsoft's platform and have the ability to play xbox 360 games....

Nintendo has become irrelevant

G

There are plenty of good Wii games. I think what all you people consider a good game is anything with "amazing" graphics along with blood, gore, sex, and guns. Heck, your probably the reason game quality is so crappy now.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]appleblowsdonkeyballs[/nom]Still wouldn't buy it for $100 due to the horrible selection of games.[/citation]
they have a few good games... like kirby, mario galaxies, new super mario bros, donkey kong country... thats like $160 worth of games, not too shabby for some short quick fun

but then again, if the new wii is coming out, and its backwards compatible, kinda defeats the purpose of a price cut when that money can go towards the new console, right?

stryk55

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
Tsk tsk, some of you are just glossing over the fact that Nintendo outsold Sony and Microsoft year after year for a good reason. Is it because they had the best games or graphics? No, they just happened to design and sell a desirable product that had lots of appeal to a wider crosssection of the public than the 360 or PS3. That isn't a fluke. Nintendo was VERY smart about their marketing, development, and design. Just because their priorities were not graphics and multimedia capability does NOT diminish their creativity and ability to sell products. Nintendo is NOT irrelevant at all - the fact that they have buzz going for their new console (which won't launch for over a year!) completely refutes that statement.

I would definitely agree that they missed the mark in the selection of quality games. Too few and far between for the likes of a "hardcore" gamer (whatever that is) when it comes to single player titles. But again, the best part of the Wii was the pick-up-and-play multiplayer titles (Wii Sports, Mario Kart).

beachbod

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
One of the most surprisingly good games for the wii I think is Cabelas Dangerous Hunts. Its not your average hunting game. Its like hunting meets call of duty.

Playing Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection competing for points with another person is fun too. The Gottlieb Collection isnt nearly as good though, the ball physics are different.

Other mature games hmm..
No more heroes is good adult fun
Metroid Prime series
Monster hunter tri has descent graphics

soundefx

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
I wonder when the new one comes out, what the price will be? I ask because if it is close, there would be no need to buy the older one and if it is too much, people wouldn't buy it.

jgutz2006

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2009
people are obnoxious...seriously. Who cares what price YOU think it should be, companies are out there to actually make money. Go spend double + on another console.

[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Still a big price for something that can't really do much though. I mean its biggest hit is still what, Wii Sport?[/citation]
For something that doesnt do much, it sure is quite popular... please elaborate on what exactly it does not do much of? because its not blue ray? Many people like the animated look/feel of the games and its true, sometimes less is more.

DaddyW123

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
I think if they ported over a lot of the classic PC games from Lucas Arts and others to the Wii that would be a HUGE selling point - like x-wing, Tie Fighter, Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis, Day of the Tentical, Sam and Max hit the road. Myst...

Status
Not open for further replies.