Nintendo, Street Fighter Rule February Video Game Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Have there been any good Wii games (emphasis on good and games) released within the last year?

Aside from Mario Kart 11 months ago, the new Guitar Hero game, and Punch Out coming in May, I haven't heard much of anything. Not that I'm complaining too much about playing through Okami again, just that it would be nice to have a good selection.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Everyone I know who owns a wii only plays on it when company comes over and then its limited play. They all have said that the games pretty much suck on it except for a few good ones.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
the Wii is being sold as more than just a games machine.
It's not being sold as a game machine. It's being sold as a mini-game/ self improvement toy.

[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]and once again the WII is on top. how can you say its not a real console when everyone is snatching it up more than the other 2[/citation]
Look at the actual 'games' on the toy. The toy makes it's money off of products that are mostly collections of smaller, crappier, and easier to develop games. It's a market saturated with people who haven't played the classics, and wouldn't know what a good games is.

lancelot123

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
Since when did game consoles stop being toys? All game consoles are toys and will forever be toys. You are throwing that word around like it is a bad thing.

As for good games, this isn't just a Nintendo problem, but everyones. Good games, be it on 360, Wii or PC, are few and far between. Seems like there is at least a year from good title to good title, sometimes much longer. I don't list PS3, cause they either don't have any good games that I personally like, or they are multi-platform games.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]lancelot123[/nom]Since when did game consoles stop being toys?[/citation]
When I started running Folding@home on it.

belawrence

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]It's not being sold as a game machine. It's being sold as a mini-game/ self improvement toy.Look at the actual 'games' on the toy. The toy makes it's money off of products that are mostly collections of smaller, crappier, and easier to develop games. It's a market saturated with people who haven't played the classics, and wouldn't know what a good games is.[/citation]
I think the opposite - since it can't depend on graphics to sell a title, Wii games probably have that more viceral gameplay feel i've experienced since the days of the SNES and Genesis.

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
I've been pretty bored with my Wii, except for an occasional game here or there. No More Heroes was/is excellent, Super Smash Bros was pretty good too. Other than that... I don't play my Wii much, though I do play the hell out of my 360. My teenaged son, never touches the Nintendo, but plays his 360 all the time (mainly because of some great games + XBox Live).

I originally bought the Wii for him, thinking he'd like it more than either a PS3 or 360, but I was wrong.. He loves his 360 and the Wii bascially became mine... which for the most part, collects dust. Played Wii-fit for a short time, but the fad of that wore off quickly too. I will dust it off for No More Heroes 2 though!!

hercules

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
get "mad world"
House of the dead:OK with a wii gun not teh zapper this game rocks the collectors edition comes with a comic prolouge
metroid prime 3 rocks
mario games
metal slug anthology
this list goes fagit

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
Seriously, I bought (or had my parents buy) a Wii because I know I'm not coming into money any time soon (or at all), and I'd hoped that I'd at least get a few good games. But not even a new Zelda after over two years?

My best games are all ports (Guitar Hero 3, Twilight Princess, Okami), except for Mario Galixy, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS