Nintendo: Wii Users Don't Need HD Anyway

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

reason they wont have wii hd is because they will need a complete new resdesign. Let's face it, the wii's hardware sux balls. It will need a massive overhaul to play hd.

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
1st off[citation][nom]boonta[/nom]Didn't Bill Gates once say that PC users would never need more than 256K of RAM????[/citation]

1st off, stop fuckin spamming. God, I can see someone accidentally posting twice. It's happened to everyone at least once, but 4 times??? Come on.
2ndly, Bill gates said "640 K ought to be enough for anybody." Do your homework.

oblivionlord

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
The Wii to me is nothing more than an updated Gamecube. Id feel cheated if i bought a wii considering I already have a Gamecube. Gamecube came out in Nov 2001 and Wii came out Nov 07. Thats 6 years of no real advancement at all. Its now 2010 and still nothing.

I just don't consider motion interactivity to be an advancement when its something that could have just been added to the system they already had out. Xbox 360 does this already with the addon called Netal.

However for a marketing standpoint, it is better to make something 'NEW' and get people to think that its the latest and greatest when it really is nothing really all that new to begin with.

It's all about money.

lvlouro

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2008
They are not saying people don't want HD, their reading the peoples opinion on the sales... If people really wanted HD they would not buy this as hot cakes!!!

G

hey oblivionlord, Natal seems to have taken a number of years to develop and get out to the public. Natal only happened because someone somewhere saw a need to add motion capabilities to their advanced graphics console, due in large part to Wii marketplace success. My son got DJ Hero for Xmas and has gotten back into playing the Wii again, just like he did after guitar hero. New good play titles are needed more by Nintendo more than HD. many of the released games for Wii are lame, imagine how much more they would all rake in if quality games were a higher percentage of the releases.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
This is the reason Nintendo almost failed before is because they KNEW what their customers wanted. They knew their customers wanted a cute box with cute little disc in cute little colors, they just knew that the technology inside the box didn't matter. That is why the game cube did sooooo well! *smell that?* Every time they are on top of their game, they get so self righteous... I don't want or own a wii because it doesn't offer HD, yeah the concept is neat, but MOST of their games are gimmicky. Next generation they are going to get killed again.

keiren

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
Well, I'd buy one if it was HD, but o well, another customer lost, one who has a ps3 and a 360 just to note.

G

To me it just sounds stupid, just the fact that you would be able to connect the Wi using HDMI would sell another x million consoles, without them having to update a lot more.

It's like ... here is 10 million....no I don't need that I'm already overweight.

cloakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
With how bad the Wii's graphics are, i don't see a reason for HD on the Wii. They would probably charge $50-100 for the Wii HD and if HD was the last thing i was thinking about when buying a system, why the hell would i want to pay that much more for the colours to be brighter.

PS: Im basing my opinion on that Wii users dont care about HD :p

dargon_supreme

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
I played a lot of games in my Atari console and MSX computer when I was young. Playability is more important than graphics, and that is why Wii won the console battle. I believe that less than 30% of Wii owners around the world has an HD TV, so that is really not important by now. Price matters, and the market for non-HD consoles is bigger than HD consoles. Bingo Nintendo.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]maigo[/nom]People want something, just put the little chip in, ad the new jack and sell a Wii HD to everyone that has a damn Wii. WTF is wrong with these stupid people?[/citation]
Hack it, man!

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Why no HD? I have problems watching DVDs now, BluRay is way better. The games on the Wii are cool, but I can't seem to play it without noticing the jaggies. There must be some Bawser's secret plans brewin...

h0llow

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
there really is no loss for the consumer, the fact that they can't get any HD content through our system.

What he is trying to say is that we didn't have a choice when it was out on the shelves. It is what it is. Take it or leave it.

G

I have a Wii. I like some of the games that are made for this system. But I would like it a lot more if they were in HD. Zelda looks like complete ass on my HD TV.

G

You are a dumb ass dragon_supreme, just to let you know. I have every console from NES to wii and xbox (orig and 360) to ps1-3. Wii sucks balls! Its the most expensive dust collector i've ever bought. IMO 360 is the best right now but ps3 still has a lot of life to go. Game cube was better then Wii. Not for inovation but game play compared to the n64. Wii has inovation but no real compelling games. They are children's games. Sorry but I grow up as I get older.

dargon_supreme

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
You are a dumb ass dragon_supreme......Wii has inovation but no real compelling games. They are children's games. Sorry but I grow up as I get older.
I'm sorry mugie, but my parents could not play PS3 games, but they can play Wii games and it is very funny. That's playability. If you are a hardcore gamer, of course you prefer XBOX or PS3, but you are minority. The game market is bigger than what you think (or want). Maybe you need to grow up a little more... You can start learning how to respect others.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Well they don't need HD. Why the hell do you need HD for a system that runs 480p tops? Retards. So basically people are mad that Nintendo won't rerelease the Wii with a worthless edition that no one will need? Hell, if I were running Nintendo I'd do it just because apparently chumps want to buy it.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I actually agree with Nintendo. Back in the mid to late 90's, there were 2 camps, the guys who liked DOS games and the guys who liked Windows games. The difference? Windows games looked a lot cooler, but the DOS games PLAYED a lot better. I couldn't give 2 cents to 3d, if you use colors well, have a nice framerate and have an innovative game.
I thought the n64 graphics were overrated, and always preferred the superior game play of SNES games.
The people have spoken. HD will come, but why rush it, so long as the content is (finally) good.

Status
Not open for further replies.