Nintendo: Wii Users Don't Need HD Anyway

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]boonta[/nom]Didn't Bill Gates once say that PC users would never need more than 256K of RAM????The ONLY reason PS3 isn't crushing Nintendo is because Nintendo SMARTLY developed really good motion sensitive controllers. If Sony threw some money at that, they BURY Nintendo. Let's face it; the PS3 has better graphics, supports 1080P output, does media player stuff (like playing Divx files), and has a Bluray player. WHY would you ever want a Wii if PS3 had the fitness board and better motion controllers?I own both and would have never bought the Wii if my PS3 had those two things.[/citation]

First,he never said it

Second, it was 640K

Third, console as only as good as their games...

Fourth, console are for the noobs.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]paperfox[/nom]who buys a wii just to watch netflix? the HD upgrade is for GAMES not to watch movies with.[/citation]
What kind of HD games could you imagine on crappy Wii hardware???

steadfast1984

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
you guys have to also remember that the WII is a family system. Most of the people who own them have kids. young kids. I know for a fact that i dont want my kids anywhere near my PC games like Farcry 2, CRYSIS, COD franchise.(not till they are teenagers anyways.) The wii is great, it gets them moving and its loads of fun for everyone together. I started with Mario 1 for classic nes. the visuals were just fine back then. why not now?(wii is 10x better then NES graphically) I want my kids to know Mario. Good times./

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
We will see if Nintendo pulls their heads out their asses in a few years, and this whole article will be a nice contradiction on what Mr. Fils-Aime says. But then again I wonder if the Japanese side has power on who is the head guy in America, maybe Mr. Fils-Aime wont be in power for long with comments like that.

G

Nintendo needs to leave the system they have on shelves and make one with hd capabilities kind of like xbox 360 and elite, and let the customers make the choice but with the wii's sales why spend more money to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.