Nintendogs Blamed in Attack on Girl by Real Dog

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battlecarrysabot

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
you cant blame the game developers for something like this. these things happen its a matter of life. thats like saying you are going to sue a car company because a reckless driver crashed into you. the developers had no influence on what happened. dogs are very unpredictable when it becomes a fight or flight situation. a situation none can predict not even a game developer. the grandma is just trying to put the blame on the company because this is what everyone says before they sue.

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Ahahah, this is one game I'd never have expected to recieve the "OH MY GAWD THIS GAME DAMAGED MY LITTLE JIMMY"-type attack.

Hillarious.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
Article doesn't mention the breed of dog. I bet it was yet another attack by a pit bull terrier - seems that once or twice a year (in Britain) one of these illegal breeds goes berserk for no apparent reason and kills or maims its owners' family. There is a reason these breeds were banned.

sviola

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
[citation][nom]ksharp25[/nom]Look I dont care if a dogs behavior can be modified because it hears barking on movies, tv, etc. We should not have to modify our life, or viewing, and God forbid label our entertainment that it may infect a non-intelligent animal species. WE are the master intelligent race.

She did nothing wrong, that dumb dog just went psyco and snapped. Its rare but it happens. Risk of owning/being around a dog. Period.[/citation]

You should read the original article. Tom's let this bit out of it:

"Ms Melville was unavailable for comment, but it is understood that she told police that Megan may have kicked Saracen and that is why he attacked her."

xnashx

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Really? I can't really see this happening because the volume of the nintendo can't be too loud. I just hear an excuse. If she started playing cats on her Nintendo. Would cats just suddenly appear?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Is that a picture of her holding a dog treat in her mouth AS WE SPEAK??? Cause that's a good way to get a dog to want to bite your face.

nickhoff

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Would any logical person leave their dog around their toddler unsupervised? It sounds to me nobody knows what really happened except the toddler, whos perception can be skewed from reality. If the grandmother was responsible she would of been watching the toddler. It's easier to put the blame on others or something else than yourself.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]flachet[/nom]Any dog biting my child is going to catch a bullet, the owner stands a good chance of some of the same. If you can't teach your dog control or can't control it, then don't own it.[/citation]

Touch my animal and the last thing you will see is the business end of my AR, or a very bright flashlight if its dark.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Wow, that little girl is the definition of "ginger". She's probably had a horrible life already, now a dog attacks her?

She should dye her hair.

xythrax4420

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
i was playing chinatown wars on my ds and someone came up and shot me wtf nintendo?!?!?! I blame the game for what happened to me, there should be a warning on this shit, there is evidence tho that i had been kicking asians before the incident.

G

"I think this game should carry some kind of warning. … People should be told not to play it when there are dogs in the room."

LMAO, you cant be serious...

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
The dog probably didn't attack the girl straight away. Im guessing it heard the barking from the console and came to investigate interupting the girls playtime. If she then lashed out and started kicking the dog she deserved to get bit.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Great, the grandmother thinks they should put a warning in the game. Soon enough, every single incident will require a warning in game. How would you like a game where the warnings before the game is longer than the game itself?

Honestly, no one should be blamed in this. She learned a life lesson. The dog is being put down. That's enough.

YardstickWHACK

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
[citation][nom]Renegade_Warrior[/nom]Reading the UK News Article, it says the dog was a Bull Mastiff.Here in the USA, this would be considered a major contributing factor as "many" cities and towns have bylaws regarding such breeds which are known to turn on children and even adults.[/citation]
Are you kidding?!? Bull Mastiffs are considered a great breed to have around kids. They are very protective, been rare to attack. What they will do is catch an intruder and hold him down, but biting is not typically their thing. No expert would call this a dangerous breed. Get your facts straight. As for this specific dog, I think there is more to the story, like that crayon story told earlier by Eusebe.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
My cat just comes into my room looking freaked out whenever she hears other cats that are not actually there, she hisses and murrs, but has never attacked me, just my speakers.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]chomlee[/nom]Not true, I have 3 dogs and they go crazy when they hear a dog barking on the tv as well as when they hear a dog bark when I have played nintendogs myself. On that note, dogs barking on TV, games etc are very common and it is a little rediculus that whenever I am playing red dead redemption and a dog or wolf comes up to me, the game would need to pause and give a warning etc.[/citation]

My dog would never notice barking on the tv, but if someone knocks on a door or rings the doorbell on tv, he is up and at the front door..

Status
Not open for further replies.