Question NMI Hardware Failure BSOD

May 29, 2024
So I have an HP Pavilion gaming 15 dx 1000 with i5 10300H, GTX 1650Ti, 16gb ram etc.

I think 3 weeks ago I just got this BSOD NMI Hardware Failure and I reset windows and that was it. I used the laptop normally and last night it started to pop up like 2 min after booting. It stops only when I disable the GPU in device manager which I thought was a faulty GPU but when I start up some stress test or something like that it can work for hours and it crashes only when doing nothing for 1-2 min. I reset the windows, updated every driver from the site, manually and from HP assistant app. Downloaded UEFI troubleshooter and did every test there, did memtest86 and 0 errors or issues. Only thing I didnt do is swap out the SSD for another one.

It isnt a question like do this and its fixed, its more like why is it okay when its working but crashes when its doing nothing and is there a fix

Thank you for your time

Forgot to add, the temps are 65-70 on the GPU and 85-90 on the CPU

Jun 19, 2024
This is a bad error. I guess you could try to update the BIOS. Otherwise maybe we can find the source of the NMI with the mini dumps, maybe it's from a device that can be replaced.

May 29, 2024
This is a bad error. I guess you could try to update the BIOS. Otherwise maybe we can find the source of the NMI with the mini dumps, maybe it's from a device that can be replaced.
Hi,
Didn't "fix" the problem but even with BIOS updated.
The windows update has some Hp Firmware, when it updates the BSOD is happening so I just disabled Windows updates and thats it