no apps responding on android nextbook tablet ares 8 after factory reset.

bdpayton

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
i performed a factory reset on my tablet after it was stuck on the loading screen and would not turn on all the way. Every since the factory reset no apps that i download will work. When i try to open an app it starts loading and then says it is not responding. Same goes for everything. a few apps have worked, i do have facebook and messenger and a crew app for work that works most of the time but in the middle of sending messages or scrolling through the facebook app it stops working and says "not responding" when i first noticed this after downloading some apps for my daughter, i performed a second factory reset hoping this would solve my problem but it did not. I also downloaded AVAST antivirus and after it finally responded and scanned, it found no threats. Also on my facebook app or even on chrome, no videos will play. and also my chrome app will only work if its the factory version. any updates i perform for chrome causes it to "not respond" I really need help, i really want to download apps for me and my daughter to enjoy like we did before the factory reset. :(

Solution
Have you tried checking for firmware updates after you did the reset? Also, did you do just a "Factory Reset" (which only removes some things and takes it back to what it was originally) or did you do a full on "Hard Reset"? If you did the former, you may want to try the latter to see if that will help fix it. However, before doing that, try updating your firmware. There may have been updates that came out after the info that was contained in the "Factory Reset" data.

If, after checking for firmware updates in your settings you still have the problems, then I would suggest the "Hard Reset". Just make sure you save anything you want from the tablet to a computer or other device before doing the reset, as all will be wiped.

NOTE: Doing...
Have you tried checking for firmware updates after you did the reset? Also, did you do just a "Factory Reset" (which only removes some things and takes it back to what it was originally) or did you do a full on "Hard Reset"? If you did the former, you may want to try the latter to see if that will help fix it. However, before doing that, try updating your firmware. There may have been updates that came out after the info that was contained in the "Factory Reset" data.

If, after checking for firmware updates in your settings you still have the problems, then I would suggest the "Hard Reset". Just make sure you save anything you want from the tablet to a computer or other device before doing the reset, as all will be wiped.

NOTE: Doing this will clear 'all' the data on your tablet, so it is suggested you not choose this option unless you have to, or aren't worried about losing anything on the device.

Be sure you back up any data you want to keep, to a computer or cloud account, before doing the reset.

To "Hard Reset" the tablet...

1. Make sure that the tablet is actually powered off.

2. Press the "Power" and the "Volume Up" buttons, together, until you see the start-up logo on the screen.

3. Once you can see the logo, release the buttons and allow the device to enter the "System Recovery Mode".

4. Next use "Volume Down" button to get to the "wipe data/factory reset" option When in recovery mode the "Volume Up" and "Volume Down" buttons are how to can navigate and highlight what option you need.

5. Once you have selected the "wipe data/factory reset", press the "Power" button to select that option.

6. On the following screen, repeatedly press the "Volume Down" button until the "Yes - delete all user data" option is what is selected.

7. Then press the "Power" button to hard reset the tablet.

Solution