No Audio But Device Detected 7.1

Urzu1000

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
I just switched computer cases a day or two ago, and after plugging my headset back in, I found that it doesn't work.

I'm using a Razer Tiamat 7.1 headset, and it literally fills every single audio connection. The headset powers on and everything just fine, but all I hear is a slight buzzing sound, which I believe is interference. I can't hear any audio from my computer coming through it.

I'm using my motherboard's built in audio, and that may account for the buzzing.

And yes, I have made sure it's set as the default device and that there's no other devices enabled that don't need to be.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, the mic isn't working either, although again, it's showing up as being detected.

Assuming realtek and windows config are setup correctly, With hum it sounds like you're getting power. Mobo built in audio can cause some buzz depending on many things, for example if the mobo is not grounded properly. So assuming when you said you switched cases, you swapped parts? One thing to try so you don't just start ripping things out is to try the headsets on another computer. At least that way if the headset for some reason is bad, you can try other things.

Urzu1000

Honorable
Dec 24, 2013
@iam2thecrowe, there's nothing in the front panel audio jacks. I will try reinstalling the audio drivers when I return home this evening (currently at work) and see if that helps. @thee_prisoner, if it is a grounding issue, it's only affecting the audio. I did try swapping computers and tried my headset on my wife's PC (to her dismay), and it worked well, although that computer didn't have enough ports to fully test it. Also, I see what you did there.