No Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Steam or GoG

Status
Not open for further replies.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Still have the entire Baldure's Gate & Icewind Dale collection loaded on my MiniMac bootcamp partition under XP. Those were some epic/classic RPGs.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
I didn't like Baldure's Gate the first time (I really wanted to, even forced myself to play it), I would rather read the details of another Apple vs Samsung dispute.

classzero

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... re-skin, uprez, HD-fy DUNGEON KEEPER someone...[/citation]

Now that would be interesting!

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I actually just bought BG2 off GOG a couple of weeks ago. I didn't realize how spoiled I have become by things such as two windows showing equipped vs dropped vs what you are buying in a shop for armor and weapons and such. Little arrows and indicator on maps to show quests and goals. I hope this enchanced edition has things such as this.

sabarjp

Honorable
May 7, 2012
I actually just bought BG2 off GOG a couple of weeks ago. I didn't realize how spoiled I have become by things such as two windows showing equipped vs dropped vs what you are buying in a shop for armor and weapons and such. Little arrows and indicator on maps to show quests and goals. I hope this enchanced edition has things such as this.

Why would you need or want that in a D&D game? That defeats the whole purpose of role playing. Having played BG1 and BG2 very recently, it is utterly trivial to memorize the items and stats of what you currently have.

Keep "console-itis" out of real PC games, imo.

blueeyesm2k4

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
[citation][nom]DjEaZy[/nom]... re-skin, uprez, HD-fy DUNGEON KEEPER someone...[/citation]

I'd love to see a re-vamp of Dungeon Keeper, so long as it doesn't follow the business model these greedy companies have been applying to games lately. There was a game similar to it released, but it was poorly executed in terms of the look and feel, and it felt like it was made to appeal to the Sesame Street crowd, rather than adults.

At any rate, if you can still find a copy of DK or DKII, there were custom tweaks released that allowed for larger screens to be used effectively (although the game engine is still the same).

G

I really enjoyed BG but not so much with BG2 Found it a bit haphazard how you could easily pick up quests that wer far too advanced for your level and not know it until you were in the thick of it.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]sabarjp[/nom]Why would you need or want that in a D&D game? That defeats the whole purpose of role playing. Having played BG1 and BG2 very recently, it is utterly trivial to memorize the items and stats of what you currently have. Keep "console-itis" out of real PC games, imo.[/citation]

So The Witcher 1 is a console game? Same with Dragon Age: Origins?

I liked your post, but faceplamed at the last bit.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Smart move. No reason to split the profits when everyone already knows this game is coming + word of mouth is gonna help it sell with those who haven't heard of it yet

Tab54o

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
[citation][nom]hasten[/nom]Mindless fanboyism.[/citation]

I don't agree, Steam is just very convenient. Having to install and patch crap seperatley and have separate passwords blows. If I had my choice Id like everything on steam. You get a new PC you just install from steam its great.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]detrius[/nom]No steam = no purchase.[/citation]

Agreed. Its either on steam or I don't buy it. I have games on there from 10 years ago that I still log in and play sometimes. I'd have forgotten all about them if they weren't on Steam. Steam is my little Cloud Collector Box.

sharpless78

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]So The Witcher 1 is a console game? Same with Dragon Age: Origins?I liked your post, but faceplamed at the last bit.[/citation]

DA:O is a console game, no doubt about it.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Tab54o[/nom]I don't agree, Steam is just very convenient. Having to install and patch crap seperatley and have separate passwords blows. If I had my choice Id like everything on steam. You get a new PC you just install from steam its great.[/citation]
Steam would be a lot better if they were spun off of Valve. There is too much conflict of interest since Valve is a publisher themselves and they have already started trying to tell other developers how to do things which can touch on antitrust violations.

The last thing that is needed is a monopoly. A lot of the things we despise today were once seen as great, but because they essentially became monopolies, it corrupted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.