No boot device Dell inspiron 5520

PJ_3__

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
Hi! The hard drive in my Dell Inspiron 5520 failed (blue screen and windows didnt start) so i bought new one from ebay and also replaced optical drive as that failed also. Additionally i purchased windows 97 to instal but i cannot do it. When i switch on my laptop i get two errors: pxe-e61 and pxe-m0f and no boot device found. Run diagnostics in bios and all is grand, tried start from harddrive and cd rom and no luck. What can i do? How the parts i bought passed bios diagnostics and will not work?

Cheers,
Pj.

Solution

There is no windows 97, are you meaning windows 7?

Did you buy the disk off of ebay though?
Is the bottom like an OEM CD or a home burned CD? If it is green or purple like a burnt CD then whoever burned it probably did not do it right.

There is no windows 97, are you meaning windows 7?

Did you buy the disk off of ebay though?
Is the bottom like an OEM CD or a home burned CD? If it is green or purple like a burnt CD then whoever burned it probably did not do it right.

Solution

PJ_3__

Commendable
Sep 1, 2016
Its original windows 7 dell cd. I checked it on other laptop and it works. For some reason though my laptop does not want to read it. Optical device gives strange noises like its struggling to spin it around. Again, optical device did pass the diagnostic test, so its very puzziling