No Bootable Device Dell 7559

thejonam

Commendable
Mar 13, 2016
Hi, I bought my dell 7559 on my trip to US last month, Now I am in India. Today morning I tried to start my laptop and it says "No Bootable Device" I have widows 10 running in it, I have many important files on my desktop(C Drive). Please help me recover my system.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try if it will boot up normally.
- If it doesn't work you'll need to load BIOS and check if the HDD is listed or not.
- If it's listed try making it as the first boot device then see if it will boot up.
- If it will not load and your HDD is listed that means you'll need to reinstall Windows since it has been corrupted.
- You may still be able to recover all of your file if you'll take the HDD off then use it as an external HDD using an enclosure so you can plug it into a different PC.
- Here's a sample of an enclosure: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182313
- Once you've backed up all your files you can put the HDD back in the laptop and reinstall Windows using a System Recovery disc.