Solved! No bootable device detected

Nov 9, 2018
I have a Dell Inspiron 600m I get the “no bootable device” when I go in the HDD is first but what comes 2-3-4-5ect

hang-the-9

Titan
Re-seat the drive, check to make sure your BIOS settings did not change to another drive mode like RAID. If it was installed using ATA or Legacy/Compatablity mode and then it changes to AHCI or RAID the system won't boot. Same thing for any of the drive modes, if it changes from what it was, it won't boot.

Make sure things like UEFI and Legacy BIOS switches are setup the way they were originally, and Secure Boot. Depending on the configuration of the laptop that is.

If none of that helps, try another hard drive with a clean Windows setup.

hang-the-9

Titan
Re-seat the drive, check to make sure your BIOS settings did not change to another drive mode like RAID. If it was installed using ATA or Legacy/Compatablity mode and then it changes to AHCI or RAID the system won't boot. Same thing for any of the drive modes, if it changes from what it was, it won't boot.

Make sure things like UEFI and Legacy BIOS switches are setup the way they were originally, and Secure Boot. Depending on the configuration of the laptop that is.

If none of that helps, try another hard drive with a clean Windows setup.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
JordanNg Laptop Tech Support 1
Aghil Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 0
Mr630 Laptop Tech Support 1
Alwise901 Laptop Tech Support 3
D Laptop Tech Support 4
J Laptop Tech Support 3
L Laptop Tech Support 5
Y Laptop Tech Support 2