No bootable device

Lanie k

Estimable
Nov 26, 2014
I have a Toshiba c55 c after updating Windows 10 I started getting black blue screen errors so I tried to reset my device I tried my backup disc that does not work it's wasn't recognised so I made a new USB key try installing a fresh windows as I thought this would be best option and now I'm lost because when it comes to and where to install Windows I have 4 partitions but Windows cannot be installed on it I have also tried to as well to no avail it says Windows cannot repair your PC,/pc ran into problems or Windows there was problems repairing your device or no changes were made and your PC needs to be repaired error every time I tried to boot to what I thought was a recovery drive. I guess I'm asking does anybody have a clue because I've just got myself in a mess now I don't know where I am what to try next as I need my PC for work please? Any help I would be very grateful but if you can understand any of or that.
thank you

Solution
No, don't boot to recovery drive. You should have efi partition, recovery partition and then your regular (biggest size) windows partition. It's this last one you need to re-format ntfs and reinstall windows on.
Also if you used to have win 8.1 on there but are now trying windows 10, it's not going to work. I think you need to install 8.1 and upgrade, cause your product key saved on the mobo is for whatever windows version it came with.

Sedivy

Commendable
Dec 17, 2016
No, don't boot to recovery drive. You should have efi partition, recovery partition and then your regular (biggest size) windows partition. It's this last one you need to re-format ntfs and reinstall windows on.
Also if you used to have win 8.1 on there but are now trying windows 10, it's not going to work. I think you need to install 8.1 and upgrade, cause your product key saved on the mobo is for whatever windows version it came with.

Solution