Solved! No bootable device

Dec 19, 2020
Acer 315-51-757c laptop, new WD hard drive, still says no bootable device on startup. Boot menus shows HD as HDD1 and 1st on boot priority order. What am I missing? Also, boot mode is UEFI, secure boot is enabled.

Solution
Acer 315-51-757c laptop, new WD hard drive, still says no bootable device on startup. Boot menus shows HD as HDD1 and 1st on boot priority order. What am I missing? Also, boot mode is UEFI, secure boot is enabled.

Secure boot is the issue i think.

Try booting into your bios, set bios password and enable legacy support (this should disable secureboot), save the settings and reboot.
DO NOT click anything whilst rebooting as a screen will appear with a password, just retype what you see on the screen and hit enter.

Let me know how it goes.

thanks

Deciplox

Great
Dec 8, 2020

Secure boot is the issue i think.

Try booting into your bios, set bios password and enable legacy support (this should disable secureboot), save the settings and reboot.
DO NOT click anything whilst rebooting as a screen will appear with a password, just retype what you see on the screen and hit enter.

Let me know how it goes.

thanks

Solution