No display on boot

jngsharpe

Commendable
May 5, 2016
Hi, I recently was given my sisters reasonably old dell Inspiron N5110 laptop. She had lost the charger so II bought a new one from Ebay and turned on the laptop. The laptop booted into a black screen with white line in the top left corner which was not flashing. It just sits here no matter how long i leave it for. Any answer would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work, load the laptop into BIOS and see if the HDD is detected or not.
- If the HDD is being detected you may need to reinstall Windows.
- But if the HDD is not being detected you may need to open the laptop and make sure that the HDD is seated properly.
- Take if off then put it back in just to make sure that it's seated properly.
- If it will still not work that means the HDD if faulty already unfortunately.
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If it will still not work, load the laptop into BIOS and see if the HDD is detected or not.
- If the HDD is being detected you may need to reinstall Windows.
- But if the HDD is not being detected you may need to open the laptop and make sure that the HDD is seated properly.
- Take if off then put it back in just to make sure that it's seated properly.
- If it will still not work that means the HDD if faulty already unfortunately.

Solution