No drivers or internet after installing Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

andreacheo

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
My Dell D630 Windows Vista was acting up. I installed Windows XP with a disc I had from my HP, now it is missing a bunch of drivers and no internet connection. I cant log in to download the drivers

Solution
that's the support page. you'll need to go there like paul linked and type in the service number of the laptop or other info it asks for. should show you what it offers for drivers. it is possible they did not make xp drivers for that model but you may still be able to track them down. as for finding the actual restore disk, that is very unlikely. dell probably does not have it anymore and no one that i know of actually archives them. you might get lucky on ebay or something like that but that's about all.

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
yah you'll need to download them manually if they exist and install them yourself. win xp had very little built in drivers like we are used to now. that's why it is only a cd instead of the massive dvd size it is now. most of that extra is driver database!!

andreacheo

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
I tried to do that but it would not find them. Is there an order I need to download them? Is it possible to find online restore discs for the Windows Vista? Dell was no help

andreacheo

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017

I tried to do that but it would not find them. Is there an order I need to download them? Is it possible to find online restore discs for the Windows Vista? Dell was no help

Math Geek

Estimable
Herald
that's the support page. you'll need to go there like paul linked and type in the service number of the laptop or other info it asks for. should show you what it offers for drivers. it is possible they did not make xp drivers for that model but you may still be able to track them down. as for finding the actual restore disk, that is very unlikely. dell probably does not have it anymore and no one that i know of actually archives them. you might get lucky on ebay or something like that but that's about all.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS