Solved! No fan stop

Mar 5, 2019
Hi,
Since few days I have quite annoying problem with my Dell 7567,
if I put my laptop on sleep mode or ever shutdown, keyboard backlight turns off, power button light also turns off but I still can hear some components running and fans go on full blast forever, it doesn't depend on system (I've tried on Win10, Ubuntu 18.10), even when shutting down from BIOS menu the issue happens. Anyone has idea where the problem can be? I've done BIOS diagnosting on hardware and no errors occured. The only way to avoid this problem is long button press (hard shutting down).

Solution
Well hard booting it (cutting the power that way) isn't good for it over time. That is true. However, other than what I have mentioned, I don't know of a fix for it.

In regards to mentioning BIOS. Actually an update to BIOS can be the cause. Hence why I mentioned contacting the manufacturer. If that is the problem, they may have a fix.
If it is powered off, it shouldn't be getting any power to the fan. So are you completely turning off the power, or are you just putting the device to sleep or hibernate? Which is shut down. Shutting it down = no power.

Did you recently update anything like say BIOS? If so, there could be an error in the update.

It doesn't sound like a hardware issue.

Mar 5, 2019
Actually I've tried sleeping and shutting down, by pressing shutdown in windows as well as on Ubuntu by terminal comma d shutdown. I've also updated BIOS when the issue occured. It's quite frustrating to hard reset it all the time and i'm kinda bothered of faulting the disk by duch a method

Well hard booting it (cutting the power that way) isn't good for it over time. That is true. However, other than what I have mentioned, I don't know of a fix for it.

In regards to mentioning BIOS. Actually an update to BIOS can be the cause. Hence why I mentioned contacting the manufacturer. If that is the problem, they may have a fix.

Solution