No Hard Reset options work

Joshua_163

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
The other night I woke up to my phone hard resetting itself. Powered it on and went through the set up. I noticed I had a "Storage full" message. There's nothing installed... Now, none of the methods of hard resetting are working (from the settings menu, volume button/power button combo, keypad code) HELP!

Solution
When you are trying to "Hard Reset" your phone yourself, are you making sure you start from the phone being "Off"? Can't do it while it is on. Also, you may want to try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it works OK then. If so, you probably have something on the phone you don't want. Malware, virus, bad app, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF"...
When you are trying to "Hard Reset" your phone yourself, are you making sure you start from the phone being "Off"? Can't do it while it is on. Also, you may want to try starting up the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if it works OK then. If so, you probably have something on the phone you don't want. Malware, virus, bad app, etc.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution

amitdr91

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017

NOT WORKING FOR CANVAS MEGNUS

Please don't type in all caps.

If your device won't go into "Safe Mode" then it may well have something on it that it shouldn't. Try checking it for viruses and malware.

Worst case, you would have to hard reset the device, which then I would recommend backing up all personal data if you can.