NO headsets work on my desktop computer.

Meme Machine

Commendable
Jan 8, 2017
My one Razer Kraken headset has been working on my desktop PC for about 1-2 years now, and I've had absolutely zero issues with it previously. A few weeks ago I've had issues with the microphone, however. The headset plugs into the back of my computer through a green port and a pink port (not sure exactly what it's called) but now whenever I plug it in, I hear nothing. The headset is not detected at all. When I plug it into my monitor instead, through the audio out, I can hear but cannot speak. I just recently bought a turtle beach headset to attempt to actually be able to speak with my friends on my pc, and encounter the exact same issue. The port in the monitor works only for audio, and is not detected when plugged into the back of the pc. When I plug both of the headsets into my phone with the same coord used to plug into my pc, they both work. I can use the mic and hear audio. Is this an issue with my computer?

Solution
Does sound very much to be an issue with your computer.

If you have tried multiple known working headsets with microphones on your PC without being able to speak then that does indicate a problem with the microphone port on the PC.

Especially if the Krakens originally worked.

Could be a configuration problem, a driver problem, or a physical port failure.

Windows 10? Use "WIN" + 'I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Run the audio related troubleshooters

And you can right click the small speaker icon (usually lower right screen) and go into Playback devices. Any number of windows, tabs, and properties to check and configure. Do change only one thing at a time and keep notes so you can undo if necessary.

Download and reinstall...

studmoose

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
Sorry, ignore this post. I misread your OP.

This sounds awfully similar to my son's Thinkpad. The headset's jack is a standard plug, and the audio jack on the sound card requires a special dual plug to be used. If you don't have that special plug on your headset, you have to buy some type of adapter for it. Research the type of plug you have and the type of audio jack you have.

Does sound very much to be an issue with your computer.

If you have tried multiple known working headsets with microphones on your PC without being able to speak then that does indicate a problem with the microphone port on the PC.

Especially if the Krakens originally worked.

Could be a configuration problem, a driver problem, or a physical port failure.

Windows 10? Use "WIN" + 'I" > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Run the audio related troubleshooters

And you can right click the small speaker icon (usually lower right screen) and go into Playback devices. Any number of windows, tabs, and properties to check and configure. Do change only one thing at a time and keep notes so you can undo if necessary.

Download and reinstall the drivers for your PC's audio card. Or other audio related software. Do so via the Manufacturer's website. Any recent Windows updates? An update may have undone some configuration setting.

Physically inspect the inside the microphone port: could be some debris, bug, etc.. blocking connectivity. Physically check inside your desktop. Might be a loose audio connection somewhere. (Do so carefully, power off.)

Be methodical and see what you can find or eliminate as possible causes.

Solution