No internet on LG G2 unlocked ATT phone on Tmobile

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Hey all,

I just got an unlocked LG G2 from ebay and I cant get any internet from it. When it came, I put in my tmo sim and i was able to make and receive phone calls but no internet with the phone yet (2nd day). Keep in mind I can make an receive phone calls with no issues.

I called tmobile and they said that IMEI is fine, and the rep had me set up an access point with the following entries:

Name: T-Mobile
APN: epc.tmobile.com
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
MMSC: http://mms.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS port: Not Set
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: Not Set
APN type: internet+mms

The phone is not in airplane mode and there is nothing that I can see that's stopping me from getting internet unless the cutomer service rep had me put in the wrong setting. Any ideas?

Solution
Search in google for APN for Tmobile, and you get a Tmobile website support doc with following info.
I did below changes, and got 4G LTE on tmobile on LG G2. 20 mbps download, 8 mbps upload.

1-4 (Find APN from Settings. For LG G2 - Settings->Tethering & Networks->Mobile Networks->Access point names)
5. If there is a T-Mobile APN, touch it. If not, press the Menu key, and touch New APN.
6. Enter the following settings for the Data APN:
APN: epc.tmobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices) (I used epc.tmobile.com)
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0 (I...

pulseraos

Estimable
Sep 26, 2014
Search in google for APN for Tmobile, and you get a Tmobile website support doc with following info.
I did below changes, and got 4G LTE on tmobile on LG G2. 20 mbps download, 8 mbps upload.

1-4 (Find APN from Settings. For LG G2 - Settings->Tethering & Networks->Mobile Networks->Access point names)
5. If there is a T-Mobile APN, touch it. If not, press the Menu key, and touch New APN.
APN: epc.tmobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices) (I used epc.tmobile.com)
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0 (I did not find this option on LG G2, so not used)
Authentication type:<Not set>
APN type: <Not Set> OR Internet+MMS (depending on software version) ( I used Not set)

7. Press the Menu key.
8. Touch Save.
9. In the list of APNs, delete all others that may appear. If there is a FOTA APN, you may leave that one. To do this:
Touch the APN you want to delete.
Press the Menu key.
Touch Delete APN.

10. Verify that there is a circle next to the one remaining APN to show it is activated.
11. Reboot the device.
12. Test your data connection, by accessing a web page or sending a picture message (MMS) to yourself.

Solution

mandimomo

Estimable
Dec 10, 2014
YaY! I figured It out & it was actually pretty easy. I have a Verizon LG G2 with T-Mobile service & I had everything working except my mobile data...I'm so happy I no longer have to buy a new cell phone

MariaModica

Estimable
Apr 1, 2015
Would you please let me know other possible settings? I have the same phone (Verizon) trying to use on T-Mobile now, since switching it is sporadic on connecting to Wifi and Data. Usually not working. I tried all the above settings and nothing is working. Does your LG G2 show the SIM Card at the notification bar with a ? in it??? mine does. Call clarity is great...that's about it.

KPAL

Estimable
Apr 19, 2015

Did you try below settings? I bought LG G2 (AT & T unlocked version) and updated with below information. My 4G LTE is up and running perfectly fine...

APN: fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices) (use epc.tmobile.com for non 4G data)
APN type: <Not Set> OR Internet+MMS (depending on software version) ( I used Not set)

7. Press the Menu key.
8. Touch Save.

Ensure after saving, that this APN is the one that's selected from the list of APNs if you have old ones already in there.

Jeff3748

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
Hey im in the exact same situation as you are. I recently purchased a Lg G2 D800 ( at&t version) and got a T-Mobile sim set up for it. I can call and text, but data doesn't work. I tried to restart the phone, but to no avail. Did the APN setup work?

boberto

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
does this apply to a LG Xpression 2

7. Press the Menu key.
8. Touch Save.
9. In the list of APNs, delete all others that may appear. If there is a FOTA APN, you may leave that one. To do this:
Touch the APN you want to delete.
Press the Menu key.
Touch Delete APN.

10. Verify that there is a circle next to the one remaining APN to show it is activated.
11. Reboot the device.
12. Test your data connection, by accessing a web page or sending a picture message (MMS) to yourself.

mrybaczuk

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
I was having the same problem with an HTC One M9 phone that I bought unlocked that was slated for AT&T network and I am using it on the T-Mobile network. The above APN settings are almost correct. In order for me to get the network data to work, I had to put in APN type as "default" as follows:

APN type: default

Once I did this and the other settings, I was able to select the newly created APN and bingo, I was connected to network data.

Hope this helps?