LG smrt phone no longer rings for incoming calls

Aug 18, 2018
I recently purchased an LG-M327. In the past couple of days, it has stopped ringing for incoming calls: all other sounds work fine (media, app notifications etc). Volume is on, ringtone selected (but it will no longer play selected ringtones if I change the ringtone). Storage is not full, not in airplane mode. If I set the phone to vibrate I get vibration for incoming calls. My work around has been to select Message/call voice notifications on so it speaks caller ID info. Any ideas?

Try restarting (turning off and back on) the phone. Also you should check that there are no apps that you installed that could mess with the sounds. The next step would be to choose a sound that came with the device rather than any you may have installed and see if that resolves it.

Should none of this work, try turning off the phone and then starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if the sounds for calls works again. If it does, then you have something (virus, malware, bad app, etc.) that is the cause and would need to be removed to resolve this.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Try restarting (turning off and back on) the phone. Also you should check that there are no apps that you installed that could mess with the sounds. The next step would be to choose a sound that came with the device rather than any you may have installed and see if that resolves it.

Should none of this work, try turning off the phone and then starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if the sounds for calls works again. If it does, then you have something (virus, malware, bad app, etc.) that is the cause and would need to be removed to resolve this.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Android Smartphones 3
djo991 Android Smartphones 5
N Android Smartphones 5
Prak1 Android Smartphones 1
bigfatbush Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 1
alexbrtn9 Android Smartphones 1
C Android Smartphones 2
J Android Smartphones 1
K Android Smartphones 1
S Android Smartphones 2