No NBC--but everything else?

NeuralGear

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
I seem to have the opposite problem from some of you. I live in Melbourne and I have a modest Samsung SyncMaster T24B350. My antenna is a 8" square Clear Choice that I have push-pinned to the wall in the general direction of Christmas, FL Where I was told the towers are. Here's the odd thing: I get CBS, ABC, CW, FOX, and ION beautifully. I can't get NBC to save my life.
I get about 43 or so channels total, complete with guide info and everything.
I read that NBC has a strong signal, so I'm a little perplexed that I get all the other channels, except for NBC.
Go figure. Thinking about getting one of the Clear Choice powered antennas from Amazon. Do any of you have any experience with this particular brand. I like my passive one. Feedback appreciated. Thanks.

A powered antenna will give you more signal but that may not solve the problem.
Call your local NBC station. Their transmitter may not be in the same direction as the others.
You can try to reorient the antenna in another direction and run a channel scan to see if it picks up NBC. You might lose other channels.

NeuralGear

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Yeah, that always seems to be the problem. Give up something to get something! lol I cant get My 65 anymore for some reason unless I move the antenna and rescan. Then I lose, CBS and ABC. And lately, for some reason, I can't seem to get My 65 no matter what. Strange thing these capricious broadcast signals.

Thank you for the speedy reply. I'm just going to shell out the money for a powered antenna. I will say again that this Clear Choice antenna works great for a non-powered antenna. The only two stations I don't get are NBC and My 65. The others come in great!

NeuralGear

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017

That's a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that! Duh...
I must be getting old.
Thanks. :)