Yes I've lost channels too.

Mary Phelan

Prominent
May 20, 2017
Regarding losing channels. this has happened to my tv before. The main TV in living room lost CBS, NBC and CW which are the channels going up from 2. While the TV in bedroom has all the channels plus several more. I get one PBS Channel on one TV and another on the other TV. Same side of the house and both have the same brand of antenna. Two things I have considered...One TV is older and not as smart as the other. ( but still a smart TV). More channels on the newer one. Also, could positioning of the earth/sun/moon axis of the earth have anything to do with this?
Have used antennas for 2-3 years and this loss occurs, then clears and the stations come back on their own. Well, you know what I mean. I'm waiting this one out again in hopes I get it back.

Solution
Intelligence of the TV doesn't affect the over air tuner.
Different TVs have different quality tuners. Some are more sensitive so don't lose channels when they intermittently drop in signal due to atmospherics and obstacles.
The range of quality in outboard tuners varies from tens of dollars to 100s of dollars. I would suspect that a Channel Master or Tivo ova tuner is much better than the ones most TV makers put in their sets. Not a huge priority to most buyers so they spend as little as they can get away with.
RF can be affected by sun spots and other such phenomena. Don't think astrology would help though. Complain to the TV station. If enough people do that they might improve their signal.
With a giant position antenna on your roof, anything from tree lines coming in now that it's spring, etc, can affect digital channels. My ex's father could only watch TV from fall to spring, and that's even with a small outdoor as the tree's filled in, killed like 5 channels for him every time.

Intelligence of the TV doesn't affect the over air tuner.
Different TVs have different quality tuners. Some are more sensitive so don't lose channels when they intermittently drop in signal due to atmospherics and obstacles.
The range of quality in outboard tuners varies from tens of dollars to 100s of dollars. I would suspect that a Channel Master or Tivo ova tuner is much better than the ones most TV makers put in their sets. Not a huge priority to most buyers so they spend as little as they can get away with.
RF can be affected by sun spots and other such phenomena. Don't think astrology would help though. Complain to the TV station. If enough people do that they might improve their signal.

Solution

junkeymonkey

Honorable
Nov 11, 2013
ya, digital tv sucks here as well to get fox i loose NBC or if I need channel 18 I loose 13 if I set to get 13 I loose 28 and 18 wind blows from the east ??? pot luck .

old analog tv was so much better resection wise like with this digital I don't even get PBS anymore when it usrt to come in clear as a bell under analog

antenna ???? tried several and spent good money this one I use now [3ed] of several does the best with that I said above the rest don't even do that good

theres channels and stations listed I use to get or new ones I should be getting but don't no matter what antenna or how I twist on it just a no-go

don't forget digital tv signal is far more directional where old analog was more umbrella coverage

and like you say nBC or fox or who ever may be coming in clear as a bell looking good and out of the blue gone ''failed to receive signal '' like they just turned there signal off ???? its crazy at times