No outputs except HDMI

biobug

Prominent
Mar 26, 2017
I purchased a LG 29LB4510 tv for our RV. I too wear hearing aids and none of the sound options work for me. I purchased a Bose bluetooth wireless speaker so I could hear without driving my wife out of the coach but there is no Optical out, no headphone out, no AV plugs out. There is the one HDMI . There is also a USB but LG says there is no way to hook up bluetooth. There also what looks like a headphone plug by the USB that says " Service only" There are AV "inputs" also. All these LG says will not work.
I have already voided the warranty by hinging the tv for mounting. Could I tie into the 2- 5 watt speaker outputs internally to AV outs ? I have seen several audio converters marketed that could "extract" sound off
The HDMI. It gets confusing which one would work for our situation.

Solution
Your TV would have to have HDMI ARC for you to use an audio extractor and I don't think it does.
If you don't use the TV tuner you can get audio from your external sources directly from them or with an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.
You can connect a speaker to line level converter to the speaker terminals.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC80/Scosche-LOC80.html
Not complicated to do.
That will give you an analog audio input for a bluetooth tranmitter.
The volume of the TV will affect the volume of both the TV and BT speakers this way so start with the TV at the volume your wife will be happy with and the adjust the BT speakers volume.
I would get a BT transmitter that can pair with 2 devices so you also have the option...
Your TV would have to have HDMI ARC for you to use an audio extractor and I don't think it does.
If you don't use the TV tuner you can get audio from your external sources directly from them or with an HDMI input selector with audio extraction.
You can connect a speaker to line level converter to the speaker terminals.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC80/Scosche-LOC80.html
Not complicated to do.
That will give you an analog audio input for a bluetooth tranmitter.
The volume of the TV will affect the volume of both the TV and BT speakers this way so start with the TV at the volume your wife will be happy with and the adjust the BT speakers volume.
I would get a BT transmitter that can pair with 2 devices so you also have the option of headphones or speaker without having to pair them every time.

Solution