No picture but sound is working

Maxmayhemer

Estimable
Nov 1, 2015
I have a Sharp Aquos LC52D43U 52-Inch LCD TV I found on the street 2 nights with a sign that said working on it.
When I brought it home it worked with no problem but then it stopped showing the picture after I turned it off but the audio still works.
I'm sure the backlights are working cause the screen lights up when it turns on then dims (as it does when the picture is working) and when I turn on my Nintendo Wii, the screen lights back up... I did put a flashlight up to the screen and I see nothing, so I don't think it has anything to do with the inverter.
I have got the picture to come back up and it never shuts down unless I turn it off, I left it on for about 5 hours so I don't think its a PSU issue.
One person said it maybe the T-con board, I have found one place where I can buy one but I figured I'd ask for advice on here for someone who maybe a expert in repairing TVs as I'm not.
Thank you for your help!

Renae_

Estimable
Nov 27, 2015

Ours is a Sharp Aquos 37". It does the same thing. When we power it up, sometimes we get a picture immediately and other times it takes up to 20 minutes for a picture to show. You can hear just fine. Starts out as a black screen, then cycles through a series of colors, red's green's blue's, lines of color and then voila...a picture. We've taken to not shutting the tv off unless we are gone for a few days. When it's been on for several days and then repowered back on, we often get a picture immediately. Then when we start shutting off again at various times back to the same thing. We know nothing about the workings of a tv and have no clue. If you figure it would, would you care to pass on the information? Thank you in advance :)