Solved! No Place to put in UNLOCK Code on Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4

PAMID7

Prominent
May 12, 2017
Where do I put in the UNLOCK CODE on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4? ALL conditions for unlocking have been met and the directions for unlocking have been followed.

The phone was purchased at Sprint and paid in full April 2015. The service contract expired Apr 2017 and all payments were made on time. Sprint Customer Service has been of no help.

Many Thanks

PAMID7

Prominent
May 12, 2017

Brandie_3

Prominent
May 26, 2017

The only way I was able to put the MSL code in that Sprint gave me was to go to the dialer on my phone and type ##RTN# it will open a menu that says View Detail or Reset Default. Choose Reset Default. It will then ask you for a service code. Put the MSL number Sprint gave you in. It will then say Warning: This operation will reset your phone..blah blah. Choose Yes. It will Reset and show an Android that says erasing...It will then restart and take you to activation. BTW my phone still says Sim Lock Enabled or No Sim. Sprint sucks

Talan58

Prominent
Jun 5, 2017

Yeah, the only problem with this is that it assumes that Sprint knows how to unlock a phone. Since they have no technical support people who know anything (in fact maybe they don't even have a technical support person??) they seem to have no clue how to unlock a phone. They can provide the six digit unlock code, but if you purchased your phone from Sprint then Sprint seems to have the phone programed so that it will not prompt for the unlock code when a new SIM card is installed. No one at Sprint that I was able to talk to knew anything about the problem or what to do -- how convenient! I guess that they want to make sure that if you leave Sprint that you are not able to take your phone with you -- it doesn't matter if you paid for it in full.
I agree with Brandie_3 -- Sprint does suck! :)

TRENDING THREADS