No signal when Lenovo laptop is connected to various projectors .

stan_da_man

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
Hello,

the connection worked fine in the past, however since recently when I connect my lenovo laptop with Windows 7 using VGA to various projectors, it shows no signal on the big screen. The same lenovo model of my colleague works fine. My laptop recognizes that a projector is connected since the resolution of the screen is changing to the resolution of the projector and you can see the connection in the display settings! I tried to switch between various projector setting (duplicate, show only projector etc). I also updated my driver for the graphics car (Nvidia GeForce 410m)! Nothing works! Please help!

Solution
of course, you have tried another cable. Further, check your cable with a meter to ensure the pins at one end are ALL connected appropriately to the pins at the other end.

stan_da_man

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
The resolution etc is the same! I'm not sure about the graphic card! Graphic car might be different! But everything used to work on my laptop couple of weeks ago!

budwich

Honorable
Oct 30, 2015
ok... then turn back time ... :) I think the nature of "breaks" in general is... something has changed and it is now broken... :)
my experience is that you have likely have a grounding issue... there are lots involved in vga. Not to question your "checks" but how did you determine that the cable has proper connections?

stan_da_man

Commendable
Mar 22, 2016
When the projector is connected the resolution of my laptop is changing! Also in the display setting you see that a extended monitor/projector is connected and the additional setting for external monitor are available!