No signs of life

Cross313

Commendable
Aug 9, 2016
Hi everyone!

Yesterday my laptop froze, and after a restart it did not turn on.
The fan starts spinning then stops and the power button light stays on.
No beep and nothing on the screen.

I tried pressing the power button for one minute without any power supply.
I took out the ram, the hard drive and the little battery, but none of these helped.

Do you have any suggestions or methods I should try out?

It may not be the power. Especially if the light is staying on. Try the following and see if it may well actually be on...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

It may not be the power. Especially if the light is staying on. Try the following and see if it may well actually be on...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Person555533 Laptop Tech Support 2
G Laptop Tech Support 1
htt Laptop Tech Support 0
manqksha24 Laptop Tech Support 6
A Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 9
G Laptop Tech Support 3
zimbabz Laptop Tech Support 3
M Laptop Tech Support 6
B Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2